Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on August 22, 2019, 09:17:09 am
-
Just barely hanging onto life, as its roots become ever more inundated with seawater and the grass bank slowly erodes away and is no longer able to support it.
Quite meaningful really and perhaps something of a metaphor on life.
Dave
-
Quite expressive.
-
Very nice shot and excellent title.
-
Really nice. I'd hang it in my house.
-
Great photo.
-
Thanks everyone ;)
I was wandering along a windswept pebbly beach on my own and saw this tree up ahead and as soon as I drew near to it I thought, ah the poor thing, if it grows any more it will become too heavy, fall over and die. If it stops growing it will die. If the sea washes any more of the bank away around its roots it will die and how sad that would be.
Yes there I was, a grown man getting all emotional about a tree for goodness sake, but then when I set up my kit and started to shoot it, I think some of that newly formed emotional attachment found its way in through the lens of the camera and blended into the image you see here.
Yes it is a funny old thing this photography malarkey.
Dave
-
Yes it is a funny old thing this photography malarkey.
Dave
Well said, Dave.
I've stared at that image for over a minute straight, and the more I stare, the more I like.
Thanks for sharing both your image and your thoughts.
-
Beautiful, and I definitely agree with Peter McLennan: the more I looked, the more I enjoyed your photograph. I'm a bit ashamed to admit that I might have missed this if I were walking there, but I am so happy you didn't. Nicely done.
-
... but then when I set up my kit and started to shoot it, I think some of that newly formed emotional attachment found its way in through the lens of the camera and blended into the image you see here.
Great.
-
Well said, Dave.
I've stared at that image for over a minute straight, and the more I stare, the more I like.
Thanks for sharing both your image and your thoughts.
Thank you so much Peter :)
Beautiful, and I definitely agree with Peter McLennan: the more I looked, the more I enjoyed your photograph. I'm a bit ashamed to admit that I might have missed this if I were walking there, but I am so happy you didn't. Nicely done.
I am sure you wouldn't have missed it Bob, because we photographers spend time looking for the detail in everything, whereas everyone else seems to just look at the general view.
Great.
Thanks ;)
Dave