Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: Robert Roaldi on August 07, 2019, 09:39:39 am
-
Here are her anti-selfies https://www.sadanduseless.com/funny-tourist-photos/?fbclid=IwAR0iqMRA3nEPS-wEchqBzI0GIpqZQL_P-u5l1AUwgFsjsbC52Xn3_l5ALgY (https://www.sadanduseless.com/funny-tourist-photos/?fbclid=IwAR0iqMRA3nEPS-wEchqBzI0GIpqZQL_P-u5l1AUwgFsjsbC52Xn3_l5ALgY).
-
Interesting concept, but only scratching the surface.
I would love to see her hook up with a good make-up artist to make her look actually dead. A few days old looking corpse would be a lot more impacting that someone just lying on her stomach.
-
Arrrrggghhh!!!! She was "lying," Joe, not "laying."
-
Arrrrggghhh!!!! She was "lying," Joe, not "laying."
My bad, I corrected it.
-
Sorry. It's something that bugs me increasingly as time goes on. I see it from people who write editorials and supposedly are top-flight writers. George Will seems to be about the only one who doesn't do it.
-
Arrrrggghhh!!!! She was "lying," Joe, not "laying."
Beware being a grammar cop. I was one, too, until "science" showed that such people are psychopaths, sociopaths, of just plain jerks.
The actual "study":
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4784893/
An example of the many media reports of the study:
https://curiousmindmagazine.com/people-point-grammar-mistakes-jerks-science-says/
-
Read the comments and found that she may have stole the idea from another photographer. Regardless if she did or did not, the other photographer's work is more compelling, especially in composition and variety.
http://www.janainatschape.net/100-little-deaths
I still think she too should have utilized a make-up artist though.