Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: rollsman44 on August 01, 2019, 01:11:14 pm

Title: Hasselblad XPan Lens Adapter For X1D
Post by: rollsman44 on August 01, 2019, 01:11:14 pm
The Xpan lenses are they AF and will they work as AF with the X1D or Manual focus Thanks
Title: Re: Hasselblad XPan Lens Adapter For X1D
Post by: BobShaw on August 01, 2019, 08:51:38 pm
The Xpan was a rangefinder camera. I doubt that it was auto focus.
If you had a stack of Xpan lenses then I can see a reason to buy the Xpan adapter.
Other than that you are much better off with HC lenses and then XCD when you can afford them.
I only have one XCD lens and a couple of HC.
Title: Re: Hasselblad XPan Lens Adapter For X1D
Post by: rollsman44 on August 01, 2019, 09:51:31 pm
 Hi Bob, thank you for the info. How are the HC lenses on the X1D vs the Native lens. Can the HC lenses AF on the X1D ?  Thanks  Trying to see if the Fuji GFX 50S or the Hassy X1D . Thanks Dennis
Title: Re: Hasselblad XPan Lens Adapter For X1D
Post by: BobShaw on August 01, 2019, 10:15:33 pm
How are the HC lenses on the X1D vs the Native lens. Can the HC lenses AF on the X1D ?
HC lenses are big and heavy, but other than that they are fine. Image quality is the same as far as I can tell, which is Hasselblad.
Only very late lenses with Firmware V18 and later auto focus, which mine are not. AF is not really important for most of my work.
My eyes aren't great but focus peaking (image lights up when in focus) helps.

I shot 600 leather bags on Wednesday from 2m at f18 1/400S ISO100
All of the bags had to have an internal shot and a close-up which I cropped down to 2400x1600 pixels. They were all in focus.
Title: Re: Hasselblad XPan Lens Adapter For X1D
Post by: rollsman44 on August 02, 2019, 08:05:44 am
Thank you.