Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: marcwilson on November 16, 2006, 12:54:02 pm
-
Hi,
Just a farily simple question this.
I use the contax 645 with film backs also use the extra under battery grip using rechargeable AA's.
For those that use digital backs on the contax without the battery grip.
Do you find the internal 2CR5 batteries last much longer when using a db over a film back?
thanks,
Marc
-
Yes, probably b/c the battery's not doing the work of advancing the film. But I still have a very large stack of 2CR5s on hand.
Hi,
Just a farily simple question this.
I use the contax 645 with film backs also use the extra under battery grip using rechargeable AA's.
For those that use digital backs on the contax without the battery grip.
Do you find the internal 2CR5 batteries last much longer when using a db over a film back?
thanks,
Marc
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=85623\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
-
Yes. I've noticed this regardless which batteries I use--makes sense as William said, since no film to transport.
I have the battery grip attached for ergonomic reasons, but lately I don't even put batteries in it since switching to rechargeable Lithium 2CR5's. Last a long while and much better cold performance than the NiMH AA's I was using before.
My next step could be a Digital Camera Battery external powerpack with cables for both the camera and the back.
-
I use the Contax with both the 2cr5's and rechargable AA's in the grip on the bottom. This combination usually is sufficient with about three days or more of use (depending on temperature, of course). I use a digital back
I purchased the digital camera battery and the cables. I just found that it wasn't used much. I took it to Iceland for a backup and really never needed it.
Nice idea but when travelling and weight is a consideration the digital camera battery usually stays at home.
Not only do you have to pack the digital camera battery, but also all the cables to the body, back and the charging cable and or adapters that you might want to use, including the car battery cable. just toooooo much stuff
-
I have the battery grip attached for ergonomic reasons, but lately I don't even put batteries in it since switching to rechargeable Lithium 2CR5's. Last a long while and much better cold performance than the NiMH AA's I was using before.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=85701\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
which brand of rechargeable 2CR5's do you use as they do not seem to be that common?
Thanks,
Marc
-
which brand of rechargeable 2CR5's do you use as they do not seem to be that common?
Thanks,
Marc
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a] (http://index.php?act=findpost&pid=85819\")
Try this link: [a href=\"http://www.thomas-distributing.com/lenmar-2cr5-rechargeable-system.htm]http://www.thomas-distributing.com/lenmar-...able-system.htm[/url]
I own this charger and batteries, made by Lenmar. No problems with batteries nor with ordering from Thomas Distributing.
-
thankyou.
Marc
-
thankyou.
Marc
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=85922\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I too use Lenmar rechargeble 2CR5. Works fine, last longer than the battery in my old Kodak back, maybe I should say I mostly use manual focus.
/Tomas