Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: shadowblade on July 24, 2019, 07:50:50 am
-
Komodo dragon basking in the sun at Singapore Zoo.
This was a real snap shot. I was shooting tortoises in a neighbouring enclosure when a ray of sun came out from behind a cloud, perfectly illuminating the lizard basking on the rock, and almost nothing else, as if there were a precisely-placed parabolic reflector aimed at it. I turned around, took a quick snapshot - didn't have time to remove the 1.4x TC, hence the settings - then the light was gone again.
A7r3 with 100-400 GM and 1.4x TC. 371mm, 1/800s, f/8, ISO 100.
-
Great expression! Well done.
-
Also, eye AF doesn't really work on reptiles yet. And both orangutans and gibbons require human eye AF - animal mode doesn't work.
-
Also, eye AF doesn't really work on reptiles yet. And both orangutans and gibbons require human eye AF - animal mode doesn't work.
I wonder how it will work with spyders... ;)
-
A very nice catch!!
-
Great image
mark
-
Well seen and executed.
-
Looks very placid in this posture and under that light… If it wasn't in a zoo, I would be very careful and worried!
Bravo.