Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Computers & Peripherals => Topic started by: Alan Klein on July 23, 2019, 04:50:57 pm

Title: How to stop ad blocker
Post by: Alan Klein on July 23, 2019, 04:50:57 pm
I keep getting requests to stop ad blocker.  But my display doesn;t show the icon on the web page.  See photo of it belore.  Where is the icon?  How to I stop ad blocker?



Title: Re: How to stop ad blocker
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on July 23, 2019, 06:45:44 pm
All ad blockers that I am aware of exist as add-ons (or plugins or extensions) to your browser, so you should look at your browsers "options" or similar for one of those terms, and turn it off from there.

Some ad blockers will include in icon in the browser that lets you temporarily turn the blocker off.

Of course, with the blocker turned or or removed, you will get lots of ads.
Title: Re: How to stop ad blocker
Post by: degrub on July 23, 2019, 07:14:18 pm
Several of the most recent browser updates turned on internal ad blocking.
You will have to research the settings to whitelist the individual site, like lula, that you want to allow ads.
Title: Re: How to stop ad blocker
Post by: Alan Klein on July 23, 2019, 07:47:22 pm
When I right click on the lock to the left and go to settings it shows ads are allowed.  But I keep getting message saying I'm blocking ads.
Title: Re: How to stop ad blocker
Post by: mcbroomf on July 23, 2019, 08:08:32 pm
I'm not much of an expert, but click on the 3 dots, top right corner, then More Tools, then Extensions, and see if you have an additional ad blocker listed
Title: Re: How to stop ad blocker
Post by: Alan Klein on July 25, 2019, 07:36:06 am
Tried the three dots -nothing there regarding ad blocker.  I still can;t figure this out.
Title: Re: How to stop ad blocker
Post by: degrub on July 25, 2019, 08:44:00 am
Since the browser appears to be chrome, google it. Otherwise, if you have an antivirus program or extensions installed, search there.
Title: Re: How to stop ad blocker
Post by: Alan Klein on July 25, 2019, 09:16:38 am
There's no Ad Blocker in Chrome Extensions.   See picture of screen.  SO now what?
Title: Re: How to stop ad blocker
Post by: degrub on July 25, 2019, 09:20:19 am
look for privacy or security settings in the browser.
Title: Re: How to stop ad blocker
Post by: degrub on July 25, 2019, 09:21:35 am
google this string -
how to turn off ad blocker in chrome
Title: Re: How to stop ad blocker
Post by: Alan Klein on July 25, 2019, 09:23:48 am
google this string -
how to turn off ad blocker in chrome

I did that.  There's no Ad Blocker shown.  Look at the picture above repeating again here.
Title: Re: How to stop ad blocker
Post by: degrub on July 25, 2019, 10:32:12 am
IBA is likely blocking some ads if it is on.
try turning it off.
Kaspersky may be blocking some ads. Go into it's config pages and look for privacy or ad block.
Title: Re: How to stop ad blocker
Post by: Alan Klein on July 25, 2019, 10:35:40 am
IBA is likely blocking some ads if it is on.
try turning it off.
Kaspersky may be blocking some ads. Go into it's config pages and look for privacy or ad block.
What's IBA?
Title: Re: How to stop ad blocker
Post by: degrub on July 25, 2019, 11:20:53 am
first column, second row in the picture.
Title: Re: How to stop ad blocker
Post by: nirpat89 on July 25, 2019, 01:13:24 pm
On Firefox, it seems some websites figure out if you have turned tracking off (which I do in the options/settings) and see that as ads blocking.  In case of Firefox it is fairly easy to turn tracking/blocking off just for that annoying site.  I don't use Chrome much. 
Title: Re: How to stop ad blocker
Post by: jmlphotography on July 25, 2019, 01:18:11 pm
Unless you actually want to see Ads, there is no reason to turn your Ad Blocker off.  Just ignore the notification.  As others have said, the site is seeing something it doesn't like.  Not your problem.
Title: Re: How to stop ad blocker
Post by: Alan Klein on July 25, 2019, 02:22:39 pm
The problem is when I link up to certain sites, a notice comes on that says I either have a choice of unblocking ad blocker or joining the site. So apparently my ad blocker is blocking ads so I have to shut it off for that site to allow me to read the sites links. So how do I do that?
Title: Re: How to stop ad blocker
Post by: jmlphotography on July 25, 2019, 02:49:40 pm
Alan,

Do what is best for you. I can understand if a site told me that I couldn't see their content unless I joined.  However, if a site told me I would have to turn off my Ad Blocker to see their content, I'd just move on.  I don't argue with a site owner's right to do that, just saying I wouldn't do it.
Title: Re: How to stop ad blocker
Post by: Alan Klein on July 25, 2019, 03:12:33 pm
Alan,

Do what is best for you. I can understand if a site told me that I couldn't see their content unless I joined.  However, if a site told me I would have to turn off my Ad Blocker to see their content, I'd just move on.  I don't argue with a site owner's right to do that, just saying I wouldn't do it.

That's what I usually do.  On the other hand, sometimes I do want to ready something.  I'm willing to put up with getting ads just to avoid joining.  So with those, I'd like to allow the ads.
Title: Re: How to stop ad blocker
Post by: Kirk_C on July 30, 2019, 09:49:36 pm
Copy the URL from the page that won't let you view it and paste into a different browser. Edge or FireFox.

Control - L highlights the URL. Copy it with Control - C and past into second browser, Control - V

It's a nuisance but it'll work.
Title: Re: How to stop ad blocker
Post by: Alan Klein on July 30, 2019, 09:57:38 pm
Copy the URL from the page that won't let you view it and paste into a different browser. Edge or FireFox.

Control - L highlights the URL. Copy it with Control - C and past into second browser, Control - V

It's a nuisance but it'll work.

I tried it with Edge and IE and I still got the block.