Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: John V. on July 20, 2019, 04:00:37 pm

Title: Help ID'ing paper
Post by: John V. on July 20, 2019, 04:00:37 pm
I have someone asking about this sort of paper. Describes as silk with a honeycomb texture. Any idea or something similar? Pic attached

https://i.imgur.com/mLgZv2G.jpg

 
Title: Re: Help ID'ing paper
Post by: henrikolsen on July 23, 2019, 09:27:38 am
It looks like a kind of c-type paper I once ordered prints on. Haven't seen such type for inkjet printing.
Title: Re: Help ID'ing paper
Post by: aaronchan on July 27, 2019, 07:25:56 am
I have someone asking about this sort of paper. Describes as silk with a honeycomb texture. Any idea or something similar? Pic attached

https://i.imgur.com/mLgZv2G.jpg

I can't tell you what paper it is.
But I'm pretty sure if you search for their gram and finishing, if there's any brand matches the specs, they are 90% are the same thing.
Most of the small brand buys jumbo rolls from bigger brand and the just convert it to smaller roll and sell them cheap.
Or in Europe and US, they might just even import from a Chinese paper factory which is kinda like OEM product.

aaron