Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Jeremy Roussak on July 20, 2019, 11:43:55 am

Title: blown
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on July 20, 2019, 11:43:55 am
Thoughts?

Jeremy
Title: Re: blown
Post by: kers on July 20, 2019, 12:04:43 pm
i just visited the Mont Ventoux, but even there you cannot find these kind of windshaped trees...
This must be a very windy area.
Title: Re: blown
Post by: RSL on July 20, 2019, 12:14:09 pm
Be sure to tie on your hat.
Title: Re: blown
Post by: francois on July 20, 2019, 12:40:19 pm
Permanently blown, even without a trace of wind!
Title: Re: blown
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on July 20, 2019, 01:47:50 pm
It reminds me of one of Ansel Adams' famous tree pix.
Here is my version of it from a slide in 1971, and the same tree in 1991 (alas).
Title: Re: blown
Post by: RSL on July 20, 2019, 01:57:29 pm
Here's another one, except people once actually lived here: http://www.russ-lewis.com/photo_gallery/ForTheWind/content/Alexander_Kansas_2006_large.html
Title: Re: blown
Post by: Rob C on July 20, 2019, 03:31:47 pm
It reminds me of one of Ansel Adams' famous tree pix.
Here is my version of it from a slide in 1971, and the same tree in 1991 (alas).

That 1991 might make a great b/white too.

Rob
Title: Re: blown
Post by: LesPalenik on July 20, 2019, 04:56:26 pm
Effective combination of the rocky foreground, wind-blown trees in the middle, and the rolling hills in background.
Title: Re: blown
Post by: KLaban on July 20, 2019, 05:11:07 pm
Thoughts?

The title suggested something...what shall I say...a little more exciting, perhaps?

Then I remembered where I was.
Title: Re: blown
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on July 21, 2019, 10:28:01 am
The title suggested something...what shall I say...a little more exciting, perhaps?

Then I remembered where I was.

Russ would say, tut tut.

i just visited the Mont Ventoux, but even there you cannot find these kind of windshaped trees...
This must be a very windy area.

I've been there twice, on the limestone pavement above Ingleton. On each occasion the wind at the edge has been strong enough to make me fear for my balance, and on ground like that, that's a worry. It calms a little further into the plateau.

Jeremy
Title: Re: blown
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on July 21, 2019, 10:29:23 am
That 1991 might make a great b/white too.

I think it would, yes.

Jeremy
Title: Re: blown
Post by: KLaban on July 21, 2019, 10:46:31 am
Russ would say, tut tut.

Sorry, Russ.

;-)
Title: Re: blown
Post by: RSL on July 21, 2019, 11:03:02 am
Yes. I would.
Title: Re: blown
Post by: KLaban on July 21, 2019, 12:27:17 pm
Yes. I would.

Well now, there's a surprise.