Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: josh.reichmann on July 12, 2019, 09:06:48 am

Title: Obstruction of landscape solutions
Post by: josh.reichmann on July 12, 2019, 09:06:48 am
Hopefully translucent condos are next.

https://twistedsifter.com/2017/03/visible-distance-second-sight-by-jennifer-bolande-for-desertx/?fbclid=IwAR3hYO0ZZKy4OC4xBwSz7_gQCocfifGqzPRgq_vRxPjg7ds_0KcB2SZ7SMc
Title: Re: Obstruction of landscape solutions
Post by: Rob C on July 12, 2019, 11:21:19 am
Just the mind-focussing stuff to encourage more responsible driving!

Do you normally get the clippety-clop of Champion, too, or only if you have a flat?

;-)
Title: Re: Obstruction of landscape solutions
Post by: josh.reichmann on July 12, 2019, 11:39:52 am
Just the mind-focussing stuff to encourage more responsible driving!

Do you normally get the clippety-clop of Champion, too, or only if you have a flat?

;-)

Solar horses are a com’n !
Title: Re: Obstruction of landscape solutions
Post by: kers on August 03, 2019, 09:43:30 am
I can see Jennifer used the dehaze filter...
Title: Re: Obstruction of landscape solutions
Post by: Robert Roaldi on August 03, 2019, 10:54:24 am
I have always resented it when a company puts a trademarked logo on a building and all of a sudden the use of that vista is restricted, while the company never had to pay me or you a thin dime for the privilege.
Title: Re: Obstruction of landscape solutions
Post by: JoeKitchen on August 07, 2019, 07:00:16 pm
I have always resented it when a company puts a trademarked logo on a building and all of a sudden the use of that vista is restricted, while the company never had to pay me or you a thin dime for the privilege.

Can you please explain what you mean by vista? 

I know for a fact that it is impossible to prevent the usage of an image of a building that has been trademarked or has a trademark on it, at least in the USA.  The owner of the trademark simply has no right to do so.  This was settled in the Rock n Roll Hall of Farm suit many years back.  Most of the time when I hear about companies doing things like this, they get away with it because the photographer does not know his rights. 

I realize this may not be what you mean though by "use of that vista."
Title: Re: Obstruction of landscape solutions
Post by: James Clark on August 07, 2019, 08:50:39 pm
I can see Jennifer used the dehaze filter...

 ;D
Title: Re: Obstruction of landscape solutions
Post by: Robert Roaldi on August 07, 2019, 09:56:41 pm
Can you please explain what you mean by vista? 

I know for a fact that it is impossible to prevent the usage of an image of a building that has been trademarked or has a trademark on it, at least in the USA.  The owner of the trademark simply has no right to do so.  This was settled in the Rock n Roll Hall of Farm suit many years back.  Most of the time when I hear about companies doing things like this, they get away with it because the photographer does not know his rights. 

I realize this may not be what you mean though by "use of that vista."

Thanks, then I was completely mis-informed about this. That was a while ago, and it's not something that comes up in my life so I never had to re-visit it.

I remember it coming up in discussions about stock photography but I can't remember where else now. In the case of stock photography, photos would be rejected because of the presence of a logo in city panorama, for example. But that might just be a case of a stock agency not wanting the bother.

On a separate topic, I just wish more jurisdictions would simply not allow large signage. There are a couple of heritage towns in Ontario whose signage by-laws annoy certain companies that want to place their ugly logos on buildings. I wish more towns would do that.