Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => Discussing Photographic Styles => Topic started by: Rob C on July 11, 2019, 03:53:11 pm
-
Can't remember whether I gave him his fifteen minutes:
https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&channel=ipad_bm&source=hp&ei=AJMnXeiGJc-OatiEsoAP&q=franco+rubartelli+imagenes&oq=franco&gs_l=mobile-gws-wiz-hp.1.0.41j46i275j0l2j46j0j46l3.1972.3643..4909...0.0..0.95.496.6......0....1.......8..0i131.72Mlf7HWE-s#imgrc=l-StOqe-N22rDM:
Fifteen minutes... that's irony!
-
It's my favourite gal, again.
-
Franco is a great photographer. He moved to Venezuela, the country where I grew up, and was perhaps the most renowned photographer over there.
-
It's my favourite gal, again.
jutta Hitzler, my first neighbour here in Mallorca in '81, knew Veruschka's family back in Germany. Jutta spoke better English than most Brits, and she and Ann watched the Di/Chas wedding on our tv. She seemed to know more about our royals than did we, which to be honest, wasn't a lot!
At the time, I have to admit to being besotted with Jean Shrimpton. Brigitte B. occupied a different platform.
:-)
Rob
-
Franco is a great photographer. He moved to Venezuela, the country where I grew up, and was perhaps the most renowned photographer over there.
Isla Margarita, I think?
I have an interview with him there, either in Italian or Spanish, where he recounts much of the story of how he made it and lost it: cautionary tale - don't back your own movie!
I have it on the computer, but am currently on the iPad in a restaurant awaiting lunch. If my memory doesn't let me down today I shall link it to this thread - the interview, I mean.
:-)
Okay - found it:; some really bitter-sweet stuff from the guy, but he rose above it all. At least, he found a way to adapt:
http://historico.prodavinci.com/2010/01/19/artes/testimonios-inmigrantes/la-siempre-azarosa-vida-de-franco-rubartelli/
-
Isla Margarita, I think?
I have an interview with him there, either in Italian or Spanish, where he recounts much of the story of how he made it and lost it: cautionary tale - don't back your own movie!
I have it on the computer, but am currently on the iPad in a restaurant awaiting lunch. If my memory doesn't let me down today I shall link it to this thread - the interview, I mean.
:-)
Okay - found it:; some really bitter-sweet stuff from the guy, but he rose above it all. At least, he found a way to adapt:
http://historico.prodavinci.com/2010/01/19/artes/testimonios-inmigrantes/la-siempre-azarosa-vida-de-franco-rubartelli/
What a fascinating story in that interview! Muchas gracias Rob.
-
What a fascinating story in that interview! Muchas gracias Rob.
Happy you got something out of i!
All the best -
Rob
-
Found an interview video with him in Margarita.
It's in Spanish.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TJXKgTUCzlc
Rob