Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => Street Showcase => Topic started by: Mark Nadler on July 09, 2019, 03:57:14 pm
-
Comments welcomed.
Mark
-
A religious man out of control.
Madness on wheels; but then almost all of those guys on wheels are a bit, well, problematic for me. They don't respect traffic rules very much in this country, and a one-way street doesn't mean that you're not likely to be hit by a bike coming from the wrong direction. I asked a cop on duty why they still let them do that; he replied that there were simply too many to stop. Some official attitude. Truth is, much of continental Europe is besotted with long cycle races - there's one going down right now - and people think of them - the racers - as heroes. Don't ask; I have absolutely no idea why.
I wonder what the local hero with the pooch would do if a child ran across his path: protect the dog or the child?
Clever catch; good picture.
;-)
-
I wonder what the local hero with the pooch would do if a child ran across his path: protect the dog or the child?
Clever catch; good picture.
;-)
+1.
... Obviously, the dog.
-
+1.
... Obviously, the dog.
I would.
-
I would.
Quite right: the child should obviously be on a chain.
Rob
-
Well seen and many possible interpretations!
-
Thanks all for commenting. Here's the back story to this image: I was out walking taking pictures of birds and insects when I came across this black lab (I think that is what it is) totally exhausted and dehyrdated. Its owner with his girlfriend both on bicycles ran this dog "right into the ground." Neither genius bothered bring any water for this dog or thought about heat exhaustion. When I came across this dog it was strectched out in wet marshy water. I personally have never seen a four legged animal so tired that it could not stand. If this dog's tongue extended any further out from its mouth it would have fallen out of its face. Rarely do I wish I had the capability of "knocking the crap" out of someone but I have to admit in this situation I wish I had the capability.
So the dog is on this bicyclists back because it could not walk and need fluid badly. I am not sure how this story ended. The parties responsible for this dog's situation seemed completely oblivious to their role
in this dog's condition.
Mark
-
Ouch!
-
Very sad story…
-
Thank you for the story.
People often have no idea how to treat animals, and you have pointed out a really stupid and avoidable example.
That is something some people do here, too. As bad, they ride the bike in traffic with the dog running beside them on a leash. One such owner lives across the garden from me. He had a nice pup - a sort of brownish Alsatian wirh black, erect ears. He used to exercise it as described, from his bike. He works, and the dog spent all day on a terrace. I noticed that it had stopped barking when people walked past his apartment, and I though wow, it's finally learned who belongs to the area and who not!
The next time I bumped into the guy I asked about the dog and he said oh, I had to give it away to another guy who already has several; he's got a large area of land. Mine began to bite people...
He seemed surprised about that. It's equivalent to locking somebody up in solitary for a day at a time, every working day; of course the poor thing became nervous and anti-people. It's sad that what happens is that apparent love of animals is enough to make folks get them, but they then go on to give them dreadful lives, probably without having the slightest idea of what they do.