Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Chris Calohan on July 07, 2019, 07:41:35 am

Title: Banana Split
Post by: Chris Calohan on July 07, 2019, 07:41:35 am
I raced home from a show opening after seeing this sky forming after the sun had set. There is little to no PP on this image other than straightening the horizon line as I had no time to set up a tripod, instead using a concrete block and the self timer.

f/16, ISO 200, 1.3 sec Nikon D850


For those of you who have been following my post Hurricane saga, 9 months to the day (July 10th) after the storm destroyed my house, I can finally move back in. The outside is still a work in progress as bricklayers are as scarce as hen's teeth.
Title: Re: Banana Split
Post by: 32BT on July 07, 2019, 08:13:11 am
You daredevil, you!

Like to live dangerously: teetering on the edge of stormchasing, f16 on this forum is like cursing in the vatican, and Vieri is wallowing in envy over your colors...

;-)
Title: Re: Banana Split
Post by: RSL on July 07, 2019, 08:19:13 am
Glad to hear you can go home, Chris. I'll raise one for you.
Title: Re: Banana Split
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on July 07, 2019, 08:51:00 am
Welcome home, Chris!
You could call this one "the light at the end of the tunnel."
Title: Re: Banana Split
Post by: Chris Calohan on July 07, 2019, 10:33:13 am
You daredevil, you!

Like to live dangerously: teetering on the edge of stormchasing, f16 on this forum is like cursing in the vatican, and Vieri is wallowing in envy over your colors...

;-)
[/quote

Only when I need a longer exposure do I ever venture above f/8...otherwise face the wrath of RSL and others :-) Here, it was just right.
Title: Re: Banana Split
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on July 07, 2019, 12:42:57 pm
You daredevil, you!

Like to live dangerously: teetering on the edge of stormchasing, f16 on this forum is like cursing in the vatican, and Vieri is wallowing in envy over your colors...

;-)

+1  :D
Title: Re: Banana Split
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on July 08, 2019, 05:18:57 am
Wonderful.