Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Mark Nadler on July 03, 2019, 08:59:32 pm

Title: Chestnut Mandibled Toucan
Post by: Mark Nadler on July 03, 2019, 08:59:32 pm
Image taken in Osa peninsula.

Comments welcomed.

Mark
Title: Re: Chestnut Mandibled Toucan
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on July 03, 2019, 09:44:44 pm
Looks like an overly warm white balance and somewhat muted processing?
Title: Re: Chestnut Mandibled Toucan
Post by: Mark Nadler on July 06, 2019, 01:36:15 am
Slobodan, I am away from any computer that will allow me to edit an image.  Around July 12th I should have access
to my editing software.  I will play with my WB and see if I agree with your comment.  The photo was taken during the late
afternoon (sunset now in Costa Rica takes place around 6 pm).

mark
Title: Re: Chestnut Mandibled Toucan
Post by: Mark Nadler on July 07, 2019, 11:20:02 pm
Thanks Slobodan.  You are correct.  Attached is a cooler version (sorry but I could not help myself
with this line).

Mark
Title: Re: Chestnut Mandibled Toucan
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on July 08, 2019, 03:13:29 am
Thanks Slobodan.  You are correct.  Attached is a cooler version (sorry but I could not help myself
with this line).

It now looks green-tinted. Maybe it should.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Chestnut Mandibled Toucan
Post by: Mark Nadler on July 09, 2019, 12:57:09 am
I am struggling getting the colors correct on this image.  Attached is my third try.
Any feedback in terms of colorcast is appreciated.

Mark
Title: Re: Chestnut Mandibled Toucan
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on July 09, 2019, 03:07:42 am
I am struggling getting the colors correct on this image.  Attached is my third try.
Any feedback in terms of colorcast is appreciated.

Best yet, I'd say.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Chestnut Mandibled Toucan
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on July 09, 2019, 10:10:12 am
It now looks green-tinted. Maybe it should.

It should. Green is life.