Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Rajan Parrikar on July 03, 2019, 06:51:49 pm
-
Hole in the Planet. (https://blog.parrikar.com/2019/07/03/hole-in-the-planet/)
-
Rajan,
I believe you're becoming the William Blake of modern photography.
Richard
-
Hole in the Planet. (https://blog.parrikar.com/2019/07/03/hole-in-the-planet/)
Lovely, Rajan - and beautiful video on the blog, too.
Jeremy
-
Truly innovative, well done.
-
Thank you, gentlemen.
-
Lovely, Rajan - and beautiful video on the blog, too.
Jeremy
+1
-
Quite amazing. Great video.
-
Wow!
Amazing!
-
Truly innovative, well done.
+1
-
Glad I didn't overlook this image. Spectacular. Now I am off to see what is on your blog.
Edit: The video with Mahler is awesome!
JR
-
Simply unreal and superb capture!
-
Not much anyone can really say about this image, other than completely gobsmacking!
Dave
-
With compliments for the imaginative approach, I must admit that I find the image rather unsettling.
-
... I must admit that I find the image rather unsettling.
Me, too. The William Blake comment is particularly germane.
The video is less unsettling. However, I wish that the last shot in the video had just a little more at the very end. It felt truncated, just as the horizon became visible.
Still, innovative and thought provoking.
-
Being from California, I will say trippy. I like it!
-
Thank you, all.
Me, too. The William Blake comment is particularly germane.
The video is less unsettling. However, I wish that the last shot in the video had just a little more at the very end. It felt truncated, just as the horizon became visible.
Still, innovative and thought provoking.
Peter,
I wish I had more of it, too! Would you believe it, I shot that footage 'blind' because my iPad Mini screen turned out to be useless in the glare of the sky. I was going mostly by the histogram and didn't appreciate what I was getting until I downloaded the file and saw it on my computer screen. Next time I am buying the screen that comes integrated with the DJI controller.
-
My sympathies, Rajan. It goes to prove my theory that, image quality aside, the most important part of any camera is the viewfinder.
Aerials are among the most difficult realms of photography; unforgiving in many aspects, yet offering huge creative rewards. I earned a substantial portion of my living for decades as an aerial cameraman. Your aerial efforts so far are extraordinary, both in Iceland and India.
My pal has a Mavic and, following several issues similar to yours with his iPad viewing system, he bought the goggles. IMHO they're essential.
In any case, your "Hole in the Planet" video was well seen, thought provoking and beautiful. Keep impressing us!
-
With compliments for the imaginative approach, I must admit that I find the image rather unsettling.
I fully understand what you are referring to here Slobodan and yes the image is somewhat disorientating, but none the less, I still think I m going to opt for gobsmacking :D
Dave