Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: HSakols on July 01, 2019, 07:00:16 pm

Title: Early Summer in BW
Post by: HSakols on July 01, 2019, 07:00:16 pm
I found that both of these photographs worked much better in black and white.  Both are from Yosemite Valley. 

Title: Re: Early Summer in BW
Post by: MattBurt on July 02, 2019, 10:09:06 am
I like the second one. The first doesn't seem to have a focal point or path for my eyes to wander.
Title: Re: Early Summer in BW
Post by: sdwilsonsct on July 02, 2019, 10:13:18 am
I like the second one. The first doesn't seem to have a focal point or path for my eyes to wander.

I wonder if the first would be stronger if more of the corner shadows were visible. Nice experiment.
Title: Re: Early Summer in BW
Post by: HSakols on July 02, 2019, 10:20:30 am
Thanks for the feedback.  I tried even cropping out the right shadow, but that didn't seem to work. 
Title: Re: Early Summer in BW
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on July 02, 2019, 11:39:56 am
I like both.
The first one needs both shadows for balance.