Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Street Showcase => Topic started by: Mark Nadler on June 27, 2019, 08:43:30 pm

Title: Cincinnatus
Post by: Mark Nadler on June 27, 2019, 08:43:30 pm
Comments welcomed.

Mark
Title: Re: Cincinnatus
Post by: francois on June 28, 2019, 03:20:52 am
Very nice "Trompe-l'œil"!
Title: Re: Cincinnatus
Post by: Mark Nadler on June 28, 2019, 05:52:11 pm
Francois, thanks.  When I came across this scene I had to do a double take.  The camera image actually
makes for a stronger sense of an optical illusion.

mark
Title: Re: Cincinnatus
Post by: Alan Klein on June 28, 2019, 09:24:55 pm
OK Explain.
Title: Re: Cincinnatus
Post by: Mark Nadler on June 30, 2019, 04:52:54 pm
Francois, thanks.

Alan, what I meant is that in-person there was no sense of an
optical illusion.   Physically standing there it felt more like being on the movie set of an underbudget
movie.  As a photgraphic image I think, even if fleeting, of the background having a physical substance.

mark
Title: Re: Cincinnatus
Post by: Alan Klein on June 30, 2019, 06:03:08 pm
Mark, What I'm questioning is what the setup was there?  It looks like a painting.  But what's going on?
Title: Re: Cincinnatus
Post by: Mark Nadler on July 01, 2019, 02:43:21 pm
Alan, "Cincinnatus is a public artwork by Richard Haas in Cincinnati, Ohio, United States. The mural depicts Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus, the namesake of Cincinnati. It's on the Brotherhood Building at Central Parkway and Vine Street. It was commissioned by the Kroger Company 1983 in honor of their 100th year of business."  Quoted from Wikipedia.

mark
Title: Re: Cincinnatus
Post by: Alan Klein on July 11, 2019, 07:04:30 pm
Interesting.  TKs.
Title: Re: Cincinnatus
Post by: Mark Nadler on July 12, 2019, 03:10:29 pm
Alan, thanks.

mark