Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: LesPalenik on June 21, 2019, 12:16:26 am

Title: Horns growing on human skulls
Post by: LesPalenik on June 21, 2019, 12:16:26 am
Smartphones and other handheld devices are changing the human anatomy of heavy forum users to bend their heads forward. Good reason to stop using phones and Tapatalk.

Quote
Horns are growing on young people's skulls, and phone use could be to blame
Researchers say smartphones and other handheld devices are contorting the human form by requiring users to bend their heads forward

https://nationalpost.com/news/world/horns-are-growing-on-young-peoples-skulls-and-phone-use-could-be-to-blame
Title: Re: Horns growing on human skulls
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on June 21, 2019, 12:20:32 am
Fascinating.
Title: Re: Horns growing on human skulls
Post by: rabanito on June 21, 2019, 03:52:42 am
Smartphones and other handheld devices are changing the human anatomy of heavy forum users to bend their heads forward.

Well, our users don't grow horns (at least because of THAT) but something happens to them anyway.
We put them then into use adorning fountains, squares etc.

Hope I didn't post it already... In that case let's blame the electromagnetic radiation... ???
Title: Re: Horns growing on human skulls
Post by: Rob C on June 21, 2019, 03:57:30 am
It's the wrong place for horns.

Intelligent horns are worn at the front, to aid heavy lifting.

;-)
Title: Re: Horns growing on human skulls
Post by: LesPalenik on June 21, 2019, 04:15:02 am
Either way, those horns are a tool of the devil. I'm sure this phenomenon occurs only with Huawei phones.
Title: Re: Horns growing on human skulls
Post by: Rob C on June 21, 2019, 05:08:55 am
Either way, those horns are a tool of the devil. I'm sure this phenomenon occurs only with Huawei phones.

Damn! I was writing a paper on that very topic on behalf of Homeland Security.

Now, I may as well not bother: the little goat's out of the bag - I kid you not. Redundant again.

;-(
Title: Re: Horns growing on human skulls
Post by: LesPalenik on June 21, 2019, 06:11:41 am
That research should be expanded beyond the skull. There is a high probability that by sitting for long periods during the on-line sessions, another small bump is forming on the backside of the subjects as a prolongation of the backbone.  Over the course of several generations this could lead to a long and expressive tail. 

Title: Re: Horns growing on human skulls
Post by: Rob C on June 21, 2019, 06:46:00 am
That research should be expanded beyond the skull. There is a high probability that by sitting for long periods during the on-line sessions, another small bump is forming on the backside of the subjects as a prolongation of the backbone.  Over the course of several generations this could lead to a long and expressive tail.


I already have one, further foward; doesn't have much to express these days.

:-(
Title: Re: Horns growing on human skulls
Post by: Robert Roaldi on June 21, 2019, 07:25:49 am
That research should be expanded beyond the skull. There is a high probability that by sitting for long periods during the on-line sessions, another small bump is forming on the backside of the subjects as a prolongation of the backbone.  Over the course of several generations this could lead to a long and expressive tail.

Wouldn't they have found them already in long-distance truckers or Uber drivers?

In the case of forum over-users, I'd be looking for negative effects of not getting enough sun.
Title: Re: Horns growing on human skulls
Post by: Rob C on June 21, 2019, 07:36:03 am
Wouldn't they have found them already in long-distance truckers or Uber drivers?

In the case of forum over-users, I'd be looking for negative effects of not getting enough sun.


Robert, ever heard of actinic keratosis and carcinoma basal?

Too much is as bad, if not worse. I need to apply my cream to my nose and ears before I go out, summer and winter. Ironically enough all my lenses have permanent UV filters.

:-(
Title: Re: Horns growing on human skulls
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on June 21, 2019, 10:05:45 am
... In the case of forum over-users, I'd be looking for negative effects of not getting enough sun.

Don’t worry, I am taking vitamin D, at the advice is my doctor, despite living in Florida. Oh, the irony! :)