Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Bob_B on June 20, 2019, 05:08:56 pm

Title: Daylily in monochrome
Post by: Bob_B on June 20, 2019, 05:08:56 pm
The daylilies (Hemerocallis) in my area are in bloom, just in time for the start of summer. The varieties in my gardens are rather small in height, and their flowers have to fight to get through the thickets of Liropes growing around them. Their flowers prevail, if only to show off for a day or two before withering away. While I appreciate their colors (mine are mostly yellowish), I marvel at the textures in the petals of these beauties.

I hope you enjoy this photo. Feel free to C&C, and thank you for viewing.

Bob
Title: Re: Daylily in monochrome
Post by: RMW on June 20, 2019, 07:18:19 pm
Hi Bob.
Unique view of these flowers.
For me they have an earthy weightiness that the actual paper thin-like petals do not.
Very cool!
Richard
Title: Re: Daylily in monochrome
Post by: Bob_B on June 21, 2019, 06:58:50 am
Thanks Richard.
Title: Re: Daylily in monochrome
Post by: rabanito on June 21, 2019, 01:43:25 pm
I like it very much.
I'd have cropped just a very tiny bit from the right margin
Title: Re: Daylily in monochrome
Post by: maddogmurph on June 21, 2019, 02:24:34 pm
Pleasing contrast and detail.
Title: Re: Daylily in monochrome
Post by: Bob_B on June 21, 2019, 05:28:44 pm
I like it very much.
I'd have cropped just a very tiny bit from the right margin

Thanks rabanito. Indeed, cropping was attempted, but the result felt constricted. I may revisit this at a later time.
Title: Re: Daylily in monochrome
Post by: Bob_B on June 21, 2019, 05:29:42 pm
Pleasing contrast and detail.

Murph, I appreciate your comment. Thanks.
Title: Re: Daylily in monochrome
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on June 24, 2019, 06:19:44 am
Well done.
Title: Re: Daylily in monochrome
Post by: Bob_B on June 24, 2019, 07:46:35 am
Thanks Paulo, I appreciate your comment.