Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on June 19, 2019, 11:57:17 am

Title: Rugged, Pretty and Empty
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on June 19, 2019, 11:57:17 am
Last week I stumbled across this beautiful but hidden away beach/coastal area, that is only a ten minute walk away from the road (albeit more like a remote track, but none the less still easy going). There were no foot prints or any signs of human activity, no plastic waste at all to be found anywhere on the shoreline, which is very rare these days and absolutely nobody else there but me - and all this is in the height of summer!

And no, I am not letting on where it is just yet, well not at least until I have had chance to go there several more times on my own and photograph the hell out of it ;)

Dave
Title: Re: Rugged, Pretty and Empty
Post by: stamper on June 19, 2019, 12:53:27 pm
More beauties.
Title: Re: Rugged, Pretty and Empty
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on June 19, 2019, 01:03:56 pm
Congratulations! That looks like a real (photographic) gold mine.

Don't give it away. Just show us more photos from it.

-Eric
Title: Re: Rugged, Pretty and Empty
Post by: luxborealis on June 19, 2019, 09:15:15 pm
Congratulations! That looks like a real (photographic) gold mine.

Don't give it away. Just show us more photos from it.

-Eric

+1
Title: Re: Rugged, Pretty and Empty
Post by: Mark Nadler on June 20, 2019, 01:04:02 am
Both nice images.  I have found with fishing that if I am willing to walk twenty minutes
I am usually alone on a river.

mark
Title: Re: Rugged, Pretty and Empty
Post by: petermfiore on June 20, 2019, 11:08:20 am
Both nice images.  I have found with fishing that if I am willing to walk twenty minutes
I am usually alone on a river.

mark

I have that to be the luck number for me as well...

Peter
Title: Re: Rugged, Pretty and Empty
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on June 20, 2019, 02:12:00 pm
Thanks everyone  ;)

Yes it's good to have your own little secret place, that you can go to alone and just unwind as you enjoy its emptiness, well for a while at least anyway.

I think this area should also be good for dawn shots in autumn and spring, but more on that when I find out if this is correct or not.

Thanks again  :) :)

Dave