Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Eric Myrvaagnes on June 10, 2019, 07:53:03 pm

Title: Driver, I think we're off course.
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on June 10, 2019, 07:53:03 pm
Many years ago, somewhere in New Brunswick or Nova Scotia.
Title: Re: Driver, I think we're off course.
Post by: luxborealis on June 10, 2019, 07:55:14 pm
It looks like ‘they’ stopped for a pee and never continued their trip. I think there’s a Stephen King novel in this!
Title: Re: Driver, I think we're off course.
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on June 10, 2019, 10:23:01 pm
It looks like ‘they’ stopped for a pee and never continued their trip. I think there’s a Stephen King novel in this!
I agree.

Of course the "bus" is actually a trackless trolley. You can see the remains of the two trolley bars sticking up, but no overhead wires for miles around.

I guess someone decided it was cheaper to have the vehicle towed to their field than to build a small cabin.
Title: Re: Driver, I think we're off course.
Post by: francois on June 11, 2019, 08:03:42 am
…
I think there’s a Stephen King novel in this!

I agree with you, it would be an excellent starting point for a novel!
Title: Re: Driver, I think we're off course.
Post by: stamper on June 11, 2019, 08:30:43 am
A nice piece of nostalgia.
Title: Re: Driver, I think we're off course.
Post by: sdwilsonsct on June 11, 2019, 10:21:41 am
Of course the "bus" is actually a trackless trolley. You can see the remains of the two trolley bars sticking up, but no overhead wires for miles around.

If these are your thing, I encourage you to visit my part of Canada:
https://globalnews.ca/news/1412027/ghost-town-mysteries-the-old-trolley-buses-of-sandon-b-c/
Title: Re: Driver, I think we're off course.
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on June 11, 2019, 02:08:15 pm
Thanks for the link, Scott.

Now, I think the mystery is even deeper. How did one of the Vancouver Trolley Buses make its way all the way to one of the Atlantic Provinces, and as early as the 1970s?

At least the one I photographed was (at one time, anyway) being used as housing, at least for a while.


-eric
Title: Re: Driver, I think we're off course.
Post by: sarrasani on June 11, 2019, 06:46:58 pm
It looks like ‘they’ stopped for a pee and never continued their trip. I think there’s a Stephen King novel in this!

 :) well told....
All the best,
sandro
Title: Re: Driver, I think we're off course.
Post by: LesPalenik on June 12, 2019, 09:56:16 pm
Great find, Eric
Title: Re: Driver, I think we're off course.
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on June 12, 2019, 11:31:47 pm
Thanks, Les.