Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: KLaban on June 10, 2019, 02:22:52 am

Title: The world's most colourful destinations.
Post by: KLaban on June 10, 2019, 02:22:52 am
The world's most colourful destinations (https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/galleries/most-colourful-cities-and-towns/)

No. 1, Photoshop.
Title: Re: The world's most colourful destinations.
Post by: 32BT on June 10, 2019, 03:04:58 am
omg, I think my eyes just started to bleed...

It's funny, back in the days of print you could at least blame a faulty black ink run.

On the other hand, to quote a valuable picture contributor on these forums, considering that website "The wonder is this was flagged up at all."

;-)
Title: Re: The world's most colourful destinations.
Post by: LesPalenik on June 10, 2019, 03:30:16 am
Most of those images are excessively oversaturated.
Title: Re: The world's most colourful destinations.
Post by: Rob C on June 10, 2019, 04:05:56 am
# 2  Isla Mujeres: at last, I might get lucky!

# 7  Chefchaouen, Morocco: like the backgound, but a ginger pussy is not aestheticlly pleasing.
 
Win some, lose some.

;-(
Title: Re: The world's most colourful destinations.
Post by: Rob C on June 10, 2019, 04:55:15 am
So waddyaknow!

I have just restarted the computer after shutting down to tell you that Isla Mujeres travel promos just popped onto the screen as I closed! Boy, do folks spy! Who needs one named after a benign-sounding girl's name sitting in the living room with ears, voice, and voice recognition too!

Huawei, anyone? Isn't it already too late?

Rob
Title: Re: The world's most colourful destinations.
Post by: kers on June 10, 2019, 06:48:22 am
So waddyaknow!

I have just restarted the computer after shutting down to tell you that Isla Mujeres travel promos just popped onto the screen as I closed! Boy, do, folks spy! Who needs one named after a benign-sounding girl's name sittng in the living room with ears, voice, and voice recognition too!

Huawei, anyone? Isn't it already too late?

Rob
Fortunately Google is your friend ;)
Title: Re: The world's most colourful destinations.
Post by: Rob C on June 10, 2019, 06:55:12 am
Fortunately Google is your friend ;)

You see how lies and spies are everywhere!?

:-)
Title: Re: The world's most colourful destinations.
Post by: KLaban on June 10, 2019, 04:49:37 pm
Most of those images are excessively oversaturated.

I didn't bother clicking beyond the first.
Title: Re: The world's most colourful destinations.
Post by: JoeKitchen on June 10, 2019, 08:19:27 pm
The world's most colourful destinations (https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/galleries/most-colourful-cities-and-towns/)

No. 1, Photoshop.

I dont know.  I've been to Burano and it is pretty colorful.  At that time of day, I would say the colors would look that nice. 
Title: Re: The world's most colourful destinations.
Post by: KLaban on June 11, 2019, 03:33:37 am
I dont know.  I've been to Burano and it is pretty colorful.  At that time of day, I would say the colors would look that nice.

I've been to Burano many times in all kinds of weathers and at differing times of day and year but have never seen it looking that colourful. It certainly can look nice but thankfully it never comes close to that *abomination.

*When viewed on a calibrated NEC monitor.
Title: Re: The world's most colourful destinations.
Post by: Rob C on June 11, 2019, 07:14:47 am
I've been to Burano many times in all kinds of weathers and at differing times of day and year but have never seen it looking that colourful. It certainly can look nice but thankfully it never comes close to that *abomination.

*When viewed on a calibrated NEC monitor.


Is there, then, the teeniest, weeniest chance I could interest you in black/white... ?

:-)
Title: Re: The world's most colourful destinations.
Post by: KLaban on June 11, 2019, 01:06:47 pm

Is there, then, the teeniest, weeniest chance I could interest you in black/white... ?

:-)

Well, Rob, never say never.

These days if I so much as touch the saturation or vibrance sliders I'm more often than not sliding them to the left, so you really never know.

;-)
Title: Re: The world's most colourful destinations.
Post by: Ivo_B on June 11, 2019, 01:14:11 pm
# 2  Isla Mujeres: at last, I might get lucky!

# 7  Chefchaouen, Morocco: like the backgound, but a ginger pussy is not aestheticlly pleasing.
 
Win some, lose some.

;-(

You should know better about ginger pussies, Rob.
Title: Re: The world's most colourful destinations.
Post by: Rob C on June 11, 2019, 02:35:32 pm
You should know better about ginger pussies, Rob.

I come to it as an artist a photographer: one must maintain coherent standards in life or all hell breaks loose and we end up not knowing if we're coming or going.

I prefer them either totally black, or common or garden tiger.

:-)