Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: luxborealis on June 09, 2019, 11:12:28 am

Title: Ready to take on the world...
Post by: luxborealis on June 09, 2019, 11:12:28 am
I photographed this recently fledged robin in my backyard. He stayed around most of the afternoon, with periodic feedings from “Dad”.

#1:  D800E w/ 200-500 @ 500mm, f5.6@1/160, ISO 800
#2:  as above @ 350mm, f/11@1/60, ISO 200, flash w/ Better Beamer
Title: Re: Ready to take on the world...
Post by: John R on June 09, 2019, 12:16:37 pm
Just saw this and your Spring birds post- lovely series. Especially like the grumpy fledgling robin and the even sterner wood pecker! Not necessarily the ones I like most, but they sure are the most entertaining to me. Must be my tendency to see these heavenly creatures in an anthropomorphic way. Makes me want to buy a large lens and try this out!!

JR
Title: Re: Ready to take on the world...
Post by: churly on June 09, 2019, 01:58:25 pm
I do believe you are getting the hang of it.  Both sets are nicely done.
Chuck
Title: Re: Ready to take on the world...
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on June 09, 2019, 04:35:56 pm
Cute.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Ready to take on the world...
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on June 09, 2019, 06:16:21 pm
I do believe you are getting the hang of it.  Both sets are nicely done.
Chuck
+1.
Title: Re: Ready to take on the world...
Post by: Bob_B on June 10, 2019, 08:18:34 am
I love the 2nd photo! Nice work Terry.
Title: Re: Ready to take on the world...
Post by: LesPalenik on June 14, 2019, 03:55:04 am
Just beautiful!
Title: Re: Ready to take on the world...
Post by: jc1 on June 14, 2019, 07:54:10 am
Love the creamy bokeh. 

Thanks for sharing  :)
Title: Re: Ready to take on the world...
Post by: Mark Nadler on June 16, 2019, 11:59:24 pm
I like the Robin fledgling.

mark
Title: Re: Ready to take on the world...
Post by: Kevin Gallagher on June 17, 2019, 07:11:18 am
 Great shot bot Terry, to me the first one reminds of The Angry Bluebird.