Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: RMW on June 04, 2019, 12:04:17 pm

Title: Small Bayou in the Louisiana Wetlands
Post by: RMW on June 04, 2019, 12:04:17 pm
Hope you enjoy.
Richard
Title: Re: Small Bayou in the Louisiana Wetlands
Post by: rabanito on June 04, 2019, 12:16:18 pm
Hope you enjoy.
Richard

I do
Title: Re: Small Bayou in the Louisiana Wetlands
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on June 04, 2019, 12:35:00 pm
I do

As do I. Very peaceful.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Small Bayou in the Louisiana Wetlands
Post by: RSL on June 04, 2019, 01:27:51 pm
Absolutely, Jeremy, and the gators love it.
Title: Re: Small Bayou in the Louisiana Wetlands
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on June 04, 2019, 02:30:43 pm
I'm not a gator, (and I don't even play one on TV,) but I like it too.
Title: Re: Small Bayou in the Louisiana Wetlands
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on June 04, 2019, 03:48:27 pm
Absolutely, Jeremy, and the gators love it.

I had a wonderful morning in 1980 paddling a metal canoe on the Suwanee River, in the Okefenokee swamp. Large alligators would gradually submerge as we approached, until only their eyes were visible, then disappear altogether. I wasn't eaten. Lucky, I suppose.

This photo reminded me of that time.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Small Bayou in the Louisiana Wetlands
Post by: RMW on June 04, 2019, 07:09:46 pm
Thank you Jeremy, Eric, Russ, and rabanito for checking this out.
Saw no gators that day. Their natural shyness often keeps them hidden. (Fearsome crocs they're not.)
Jeremy, glad no gators disturbed your peaceful trip.
And Eric, here in Hollywood South there's always a part in the swamp for an intrepid photographer.
Richard
Title: Re: Small Bayou in the Louisiana Wetlands
Post by: Cornfield on June 05, 2019, 06:10:26 pm
Like this one.
Title: Re: Small Bayou in the Louisiana Wetlands
Post by: Kevin Gallagher on June 06, 2019, 06:25:13 am
 I like it very much too Richard, it reminds me of Clyde Butcher's work although I do believe he does mostly B&W.
Title: Re: Small Bayou in the Louisiana Wetlands
Post by: francois on June 06, 2019, 07:55:31 am
I was unimpressed by the thumbnail but the full size image is impressive. I like it a lot.
Well done.
Title: Re: Small Bayou in the Louisiana Wetlands
Post by: RMW on June 06, 2019, 07:38:42 pm
Thank you Cornfield (perfect name for a LULA member), Kevin, and Francois.
Kevin - Recently saw Butcher's work in his Sarasota Fla. gallery. All of it was b&w and all of it was like some kind of bright earthy music. What engaged and mystified me most was how luminous the highlights are. Soft and never blown out.
Francois - Glad the meager thumbnail did not turn you away.
Richard