Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: mokenny74 on June 04, 2019, 12:48:48 am
-
I pass by this farm on the way to work daily. I have always wanted to take a photograph of it but mostly either the light was not good enough or too much in a hurry to get to work. However, this day, it had just rained, and the light and clouds seem to align well.
-
I pass by this farm on the way to work daily. I have always wanted to take a photograph of it but mostly either the light was not good enough or too much in a hurry to get to work. However, this day, it had just rained, and the light and clouds seem to align well.
Nice scene but the image looks most peculiar: my guess is that it's hugely over-sharpened.
Jeremy
-
Yes, the cows look oversharpened.
You could mask the lower portion and sharpen just the background. Or sharpen the background more than foreground.
-
A nice shot with that dramatic sky but as Jeremy and LesPlanik wrote, grossly over-sharpened - my eyes are sore!
-
2.5 pixel Gaussian blur applied to make the picture look more natural. Now enjoy the scene. ;)
-
Yes, it is more enjoyable.
The retroactive application of 2.5 pixels Gaussian blur would correspond roughly with the amount of methane clouds surrounding the cows. It is definitely more pleasant to be exposed to the digital blur than to the actual methane.