Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Vieri Bottazzini on June 03, 2019, 02:07:40 pm

Title: Trebarwith Strand, Cornwall, in B&W
Post by: Vieri Bottazzini on June 03, 2019, 02:07:40 pm
Trebarwith Strand, in Cornwall, is an amazing location to shoot at high tide: the rock formations there are just incredible, and the roaring ocean coming at you on both sides of the rocky outcrop where I was standing is wondrously powerful. Such a thrill to experience it, and such fun to use the power of photography to transform it into an ethereal B&W instead :) 2 minutes exposure with my Hasselblad X1D, Hasselblad XCD 30mm and my usual Formatt-Hitech Firecrest Ultra filters.

(https://www.vieribottazzini.com/wp-content/uploads/X1D1_01312.jpg)

Thank you for viewing, best regards

Vieri
Title: Re: Trebarwith Strand, Cornwall, in B&W
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on June 04, 2019, 04:47:07 am
Quite moody and dramatic, I like it.
Title: Re: Trebarwith Strand, Cornwall, in B&W
Post by: stamper on June 04, 2019, 07:08:27 am
Trying to think of some superlatives to describe this image.
Title: Re: Trebarwith Strand, Cornwall, in B&W
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on June 04, 2019, 07:55:46 am
Another winner.
Title: Re: Trebarwith Strand, Cornwall, in B&W
Post by: francois on June 04, 2019, 10:16:45 am
Very powerful but also relaxing at the same time! As Eric wrote above: another winner!
Title: Re: Trebarwith Strand, Cornwall, in B&W
Post by: LesPalenik on June 04, 2019, 12:04:00 pm
Yes, powerful, but also soft and thought provoking.
Title: Re: Trebarwith Strand, Cornwall, in B&W
Post by: athegn on June 05, 2019, 04:36:22 pm
Was that the vision I should have had when I was on my honeymoon in Trebarwith, over 50 years ago?
Title: Re: Trebarwith Strand, Cornwall, in B&W
Post by: rgs on June 05, 2019, 04:53:21 pm
That is beautiful. Magnificent!
Title: Re: Trebarwith Strand, Cornwall, in B&W
Post by: sarrasani on June 09, 2019, 08:18:48 am
clear, robust composition. Fine tones subtleness and detail. As telling "good taste"band subsequent technical skills.
All the best,
Sandro
Title: Re: Trebarwith Strand, Cornwall, in B&W
Post by: Vieri Bottazzini on June 11, 2019, 04:05:35 am
Quite moody and dramatic, I like it.

Thank you very much indeed Paulo! :)

Trying to think of some superlatives to describe this image.

:D Thank you stamper, you are too kind! :D

Another winner.


Thank you very much indeed Eric, glad you enjoyed it! :)

Very powerful but also relaxing at the same time! As Eric wrote above: another winner!

Thank you very much Francois, glad you liked it! :)

Yes, powerful, but also soft and thought provoking.


Thank you very much Les, glad you found it interesting and thought-provoking, that is one of the best compliments :)

Was that the vision I should have had when I was on my honeymoon in Trebarwith, over 50 years ago?

Well, only you can know that :D I hope that during your honeymoon you had different visions in your mind...

That is beautiful. Magnificent!


Thank you very much indeed, glad you enjoyed it! :)

clear, robust composition. Fine tones subtleness and detail. As telling "good taste"band subsequent technical skills.
All the best,
Sandro

Thank yo very much for your kind comment Sandro, I am glad you enjoyed it! :)

Best regards,

Vieri