Luminous Landscape Forum

Site & Board Matters => About This Site => Topic started by: drralph on May 21, 2019, 05:17:31 pm

Title: Log In
Post by: drralph on May 21, 2019, 05:17:31 pm
Before the recent changes, each time I returned to LuLa, I was automatically logged in.  Since the recent changes, the site no longer recognizes me as a subscriber, and requires me to log in each time.  A fix would be appreciated.
Title: Re: Log In
Post by: josh.reichmann on May 21, 2019, 05:23:27 pm
Thanks,

Strange. I’ll have Chris look at this.
Curious if others are having this issue ?

Appreciated

Josh
Title: Re: Log In
Post by: Chris Kern on May 21, 2019, 05:48:10 pm
Before the recent changes, each time I returned to LuLa, I was automatically logged in.  Since the recent changes, the site no longer recognizes me as a subscriber, and requires me to log in each time.

Strange. I’ll have Chris look at this.
Curious if others are having this issue ?

Session cookie vs. persistent cookie?
Title: Re: Log In
Post by: Gerald Barber on May 21, 2019, 07:01:33 pm
I'm having the same problem.
Title: Re: Log In
Post by: mbaginy on May 22, 2019, 04:00:05 am
No problems here.
Title: Re: Log In
Post by: jacland on May 22, 2019, 04:24:00 pm
I have also noticed that, when opening site I need to click login to be logged in.

And BTW, under Endowment tab there is: This Account has been suspended.

Regards
Title: Re: Log In
Post by: drralph on May 22, 2019, 07:14:20 pm
I am the OP, and I am still experiencing this issue.
Title: Re: Log In
Post by: Chris Batt on May 22, 2019, 11:45:33 pm
We are aware that sometimes some users will have to click "login" and will then be recognized without having to actually re-enter username and password again. This is a quirk that we will review and queue for adjusting if possible.

As for the cookie issue, as was correctly surmised, this could be a local browser phenomenon and could be impossible to diagnose from our end. Please check that cookie permissions on a site basis in your browser's settings are set to be allowed, and even logout and clear cache to be thorough. Then login again and try leaving and revisiting a couple times.

Please let us know how this works out, for anyone experiencing this or a similar issue.

Thanks,


Title: Re: Log In
Post by: Gerald Barber on May 23, 2019, 07:39:37 am
It's not a cookie issue. I checked and I'm not blocking or restricting any cookies on the site. When I log in I get an error message that my username is invalid (even though it's the same user name that I've always had). After I log in, under the Endowment tab, I also get the "Account Suspended" message that jacland previously reported. Every time I leave the site and come back to it I have to log in, which is not appropriate behavior. I don't need the hassle and this will certainly influence my decision regarding whether to resubscribe when my account is up for renewal later this year.