Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: RSL on May 15, 2019, 02:27:56 pm

Title: Pikes Peak
Post by: RSL on May 15, 2019, 02:27:56 pm
.
Title: Re: Pikes Peak
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on May 15, 2019, 03:11:56 pm
Nice, Russ, nice! Succumbing to the dark side (landscape photography, that is)?
Title: Re: Pikes Peak
Post by: RSL on May 15, 2019, 03:28:08 pm
I do all sorts of photography, Slobodan. Tomorrow I'm going to do formal portraits (headshots) for the Hawthorne at Leesburg Board of Directors and the Club Hawthorne Council. Collapsible background, shoot-through umbrella, fill flash and reflector, etc., etc. But street is my favorite thing. Don't get to do it often nowadays. I made the Pikes Peak shot in 2011.
Title: Re: Pikes Peak
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on May 15, 2019, 03:34:18 pm
That's a very nice landscape.
Expressive and moody, and not just "Here's what it looked like."
Title: Re: Pikes Peak
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on May 16, 2019, 04:49:33 am
Great light and layers.
Title: Re: Pikes Peak
Post by: stamper on May 16, 2019, 09:47:55 am
That's a very nice landscape.
Expressive and moody, and not just "Here's what it looked like."


I concur.
Title: Re: Pikes Peak
Post by: thierrylegros396 on May 17, 2019, 05:26:28 am
Great light and layers.

+1

Thierry
Title: Re: Pikes Peak
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on May 18, 2019, 06:17:46 pm
Ooh that's nice Russ.

I think you need to spend more time in the mountains  ;)

Dave
Title: Re: Pikes Peak
Post by: RSL on May 19, 2019, 08:47:06 am
Thanks, Dave. I'd love to, but nowadays I'm confined to Florida.
Title: Re: Pikes Peak
Post by: BernardLanguillier on May 19, 2019, 08:53:18 am
Very nice light play and capture!

There seems to be some texture in the lit up parts of the sky though, what is that?

Cheers,
Bernard
Title: Re: Pikes Peak
Post by: RSL on May 19, 2019, 08:57:16 am
Those are called "clouds."

I don't really mean to pull your chain, Bernard, but I couldn't resist that one. I don't see what you're seeing. Maybe it's the haze, or maybe it's just old eyes.
Title: Re: Pikes Peak
Post by: 32BT on May 19, 2019, 09:20:36 am
Those are called "clouds."

I don't really mean to pull your chain, Bernard, but I couldn't resist that one. I don't see what you're seeing. Maybe it's the haze, or maybe it's just old eyes.

Nope, it's definitely there. Almost as if shot thru a dusty window. Maybe a lenselement with residual whipemarks. Don't know, but he's right.
Title: Re: Pikes Peak
Post by: 32BT on May 19, 2019, 09:22:46 am
contrast exaggerated for illustrative purposes.
Title: Re: Pikes Peak
Post by: RSL on May 19, 2019, 10:08:15 am
Thanks, Oscar. I see it now. That stuff is called "rain." Or to be more precise in this case: "precipitation."
Title: Re: Pikes Peak
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on May 20, 2019, 05:57:32 pm
That's a very nice landscape.
Expressive and moody, and not just "Here's what it looked like."

+1
Title: Re: Pikes Peak
Post by: sarrasani on May 20, 2019, 06:05:44 pm
fascinating light play, and very pleasurable image.
All the best,
Sandro