Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Ryan Mack on May 13, 2019, 12:54:32 pm

Title: Kodak Endura Pro paper
Post by: Ryan Mack on May 13, 2019, 12:54:32 pm
I'm looking at producing my lower cost prints through MPixPro and soft-proofing with their provided profiles for Kodak Endura Pro photo paper shows up much dimmer and less saturated reds that I get on my Pro-2000 with Hahnemuhle Photo Silk Baryta. I'm curious if that's to be expected or not. I tried googling the brightness/d-min on the Endura Pro but couldn't get an actual number anywhere. And I'm guessing it's not supposed to be surprising that the reds on an inkjet with red (orange) pigment would be brighter than you could get from a photographic paper? I'm pretty dumb when it comes to old fashioned photo printing and could use any insights you have to offer. Thanks, Ryan
Title: Re: Kodak Endura Pro paper
Post by: elliot_n on May 13, 2019, 01:01:45 pm
Yes, it's to be expected.