Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Ivo_B on May 12, 2019, 02:28:25 pm

Title: Nostalgia
Post by: Ivo_B on May 12, 2019, 02:28:25 pm
Some Icon's of the past

Title: Re: Nostalgia
Post by: Rob C on May 12, 2019, 03:38:28 pm
Dig the second one!

Had a pair once; they lived in the car and were the only things stolen when assholes broke both doors trying to get into it one night. I couldn't wear them: gave me the sensation of walking up a step with very step I took; would have made me seasick. Mind you, they were bought in Gibraltar, so were probably expensive fakes.

The sunglasses I still use and used then, are from Boots the chemists: Japanese polarizers. Been with me everywhere for over fifteen years. They have almost disintegrated from perspìration, but the memories they saw linger on.

;-(
Title: Re: Nostalgia
Post by: Ivo_B on May 12, 2019, 03:49:25 pm
Dig the second one!

Had a pair once; they lived in the car and were the only things stolen when assholes broke both doors trying to get into it one night. I couldn't wear them: gave me the sensation of walking up a step with very step I took; would have made me seasick. Mind you, they were bought in Gibraltar, so were probably expensive fakes.

The sunglasses I still use and used then, are from Boots the chemists: Japanese polarizers. Been with me everywhere for over fifteen years. They have almost disintegrated from perspìration, but the memories they saw linger on.

;-(

I feel your pain.
I had a splendid pair of Persol sunglasses. They were stolen from me on a beach near Perpignan. Since then, not one single pair I owned comes even close to the Persol shades.
Title: Re: Nostalgia
Post by: RSL on May 12, 2019, 04:09:41 pm
Thanks, Ivo. Nostalgic all right. I used to wear RayBan's when I was flying Beavers out of Great Falls, Montana.
Title: Re: Nostalgia
Post by: Rob C on May 12, 2019, 04:29:07 pm
Thanks, Ivo. Nostalgic all right. I used to wear RayBan's when I was flying Beavers out of Great Falls, Montana.

Log jam of memories?

Sorry!

Rob
Title: Re: Nostalgia
Post by: Ivo_B on May 12, 2019, 04:47:41 pm
Log jam of memories?

Sorry!

Rob

Not mentioning the Fender on the background. 😳😬