Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: landscapephoto on May 11, 2019, 10:09:55 am

Title: Social accounts suggestions?
Post by: landscapephoto on May 11, 2019, 10:09:55 am
Would any of you have suggestions of social accounts worth following? Twitter, Facebook, etc... keep suggesting the same kind of stuff and I would not mind stepping out of the social media "bubble".
Thank you in advance.
Title: Re: Social accounts suggestions?
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on May 11, 2019, 10:59:37 am
www.instagram.com/slobodan_pics

;) :D
Title: Re: Social accounts suggestions?
Post by: Rob C on May 11, 2019, 01:57:50 pm
I don't use any of them because I think that you can find useful stuff trawling the Internet by yourself.

The older I get the less interest I have in hearing what people without any visible track record have to say. Also, havng a track record does not necessarily signify that those people have anything much to say; you know, that picture vs the thousand words thing?

Language seems to be a disappearing entity - maybe the world is preparing itself for the time when we live by instruction and emotion by implanted chip. That will be fun. Perfect communism at last: no arguments, no wars, no nothing.

Rob
Title: Re: Social accounts suggestions?
Post by: landscapephoto on May 11, 2019, 04:40:41 pm
I don't use any of them because I think that you can find useful stuff trawling the Internet by yourself.

I find useful stuff on the Internet by myself regularly. I was expecting that other members of this forum would have ideas about other useful stuff... ;)
Title: Re: Social accounts suggestions?
Post by: Rob C on May 11, 2019, 05:25:07 pm
One way of finding unexpected things is by going into collections of a given photographer's work and then clicking on the info below the pix; you really do find interesting material quite by chance, often related but at other times wildly off topic.

Title: Re: Social accounts suggestions?
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on May 11, 2019, 09:04:43 pm
I regularly only visit a single Social Website.
It is called Luminous-Landscape.com (you have to be sure to include the hyphen).

 :)
Title: Re: Social accounts suggestions?
Post by: Two23 on May 11, 2019, 11:35:26 pm
I've been getting a lot of good info from the Facebook groups "Wet Plate Collodion" which is about shooting glass negatives and tin types, and "Large Format Photography Users Group."


Kent in SD
Title: Re: Social accounts suggestions?
Post by: landscapephoto on May 12, 2019, 12:03:29 pm
Thank you. I should look more into FB groups, maybe.