Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: FrankG on May 09, 2019, 07:44:19 am
-
Mac OS, Ps cc, p-400
Is anyone printing out of Epson Print Layout (preferably with the surecolor P-400) ?
I am struggling to get perfectly centred images on cut sheets.
In need of help with the Layout settings and margin entries.
What I’m trying to achieve is - If the image is the same aspect ratio as the sheet then equal borders on 4 sides. If the aspect ratio is different then top/bottom the same & sides the same.
Since the paper feed mechanism isn’t a precision instrument, how accurate can one expect to be?
1/16, 1mm ?
I have had partial success. For example, an 8x10 in image printed on a Letter size (8.5x11in ) had 1/2 in borders on the long dimension and 1/4 inch margins on the short dimension.OK.
However, trying to print a small 3.75 x 4.75 in image on 4x6 inch paper should give me 1/8in margin all round. But I have tried so many times without success. Same is true for 5x7 sheets & bigger.
* Could you please share how you fill in the fields on the Layout segment of the app / plugin.
I watched a couple of YouTube videos & read a little online but can’t find the right troubleshooting info.
Maybe different specs apply to different size papers or whether it's sheet feed or rear/fine-art feed ?
Since Epson Print Layout is so simply laid out, I must be overlooking something in plain sight.
Thanks
p.s. any idea how to switch off Gloss Optimiser
-
Might work:
Touch Setup (the wrench icon), then System Administration, then Printer Settings, and then Horizontal Centered. The printer ships with Horizontal Centered ON. Turn it OFF.
-
Sorry, but where do I start that path - (Setup>System Administration> Printer Settings>Horizontal Centered) ?
I don't anything in the layout app or printer app or system prefs
Epson Print Layout ver 1.3.5
Epson SC-P400 Series driver ver 10.16
-
Set on the printer's control panel.
-
The surecolor p400 doesn’t have a control panel