Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: stevenfr on May 06, 2019, 01:10:18 pm
-
Moss ferns and maples in the rainforest of Vancouver Island in the spring time. This image was captured using a Horseman camera and Velvia film.
-
Fantastic photograph to my taste
I saw something like that at the Olympic National Park many years ago and was stunned
-
Great image!
-
Thank you Rajan and Rabanito. This forest is very similar to the Hoh Rainforest. Its Just north of this area. It is being heavily logged over the last five years. I have been trying to photograph it every spring for the last eight years before its gone. There are a couple of weeks where the spring green moss is vibrant and lush. That is when ai tend to do my shooting. Once the maples leaf out its to dark to shoot.
-
Great image!
+1.
-
thank you Eric
-
very fascinating! I like it.
all the best,
sandro
-
Thank you Sandro. In this spot I saw a Rosevelt Elk. Pretty cool to see it in a rainforest.
-
I love the image's intensity.
mark
-
Thank you Mark. Its a very cool forest. Tough to find compositions.
-
Simply amazing. Sad that it is disappearing.
-
thanks Paulo. Last year I counted 20 logging trucks that passed me in a 20 minute period as I drove into the forest.
-
I first visited that area in the early 1990's, and even then I was shocked at the amount of clear-cutting going on there. A national (world, really) treasure being destroyed. There has got to be a better way to get our lumber than clear-cutting such places. Glad you are documenting it while some of it still exists.
-
Arlen
This area is stunningly beautiful. I believe the clear cutting has accelerated over the last few years. The maples down near the rivers covered in moss are incredible. You have a feeling as if you have gone back to prehistoric times when you hike in this area.
Steven
-
Very nice indeed, thank you for sharing this
-
Thank you Nancyp
-
Clean. Soft. Subtle. Well composed, and cropped.
-
Thank you Maddog murph
-
Spectacular image, especially as shown in the panoramic format.
-
Thank you Les