Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: biker on April 29, 2019, 02:16:42 pm

Title: in a mud pond
Post by: biker on April 29, 2019, 02:16:42 pm
Spotted this a few weeks ago in the woods and found it worth taking a few photographs.
Now I'm not sure if it really works. Does it?
Title: Re: in a mud pond
Post by: sdwilsonsct on April 30, 2019, 12:16:32 am
Now I'm not sure if it really works. Does it?

Nice enough, but not a subject that usually gets a lot of positive attention.
Title: Re: in a mud pond
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on April 30, 2019, 09:54:32 am
I am quite drawn to scenes like that, but nobody else ever likes my photos of them, so I don't usually share them.
So this one gives me a definite tingle, even if it isn't a world-changer.
Title: Re: in a mud pond
Post by: biker on April 30, 2019, 03:57:40 pm
Thanks, guys. Yes, I know that a pink sunrise at a perfectly calm bay or snow capped mountains with a dramatic sky would be favoured.
What I liked here were the traces of the reflected background and the water colour. The dead branch made a subject (however poor) for the picture.
Title: Re: in a mud pond
Post by: degrub on April 30, 2019, 11:21:35 pm
Actually, i would like it better without the stick. It gets in the way of being drawn in to the muddy water and the reflections.....