Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: PeterAit on April 29, 2019, 10:01:06 am

Title: Why can't I inherit stuff like this?
Post by: PeterAit on April 29, 2019, 10:01:06 am
We watched a show called Strange Inheritances last night. This episode was about a woman who had inherited a house full of stuff from her granny. Her granny had been an editor at Popular Photography for decades, and in a trunk in the attic they discovered a trove of original prints that granny had accumulated. And not just any old prints, but works by Adams, Cartier-Bresson, and many other famous photographers. What a story!

https://video.foxbusiness.com/v/5762393136001/#sp=show-clips
Title: Re: Why can't I inherit stuff like this?
Post by: petermfiore on May 16, 2019, 01:41:30 pm
Was your Granny an editor at Life magazine? I fear not. Neither was mine! But if only. We can dream on and on and on..........................

Peter

I do blame my grandparents for not thinking of me and my wants 50 years after their deaths. ;~)
Title: Re: Why can't I inherit stuff like this?
Post by: Rob C on May 17, 2019, 04:21:21 am
I'd rather inherit a going bank! But then by the time it came down to me it would be gone. And ¡f it wasn't I'd finish the job myself. 

I have a magical touch with money: I can make it disappear just like that!

;-(
Title: Re: Why can't I inherit stuff like this?
Post by: petermfiore on May 17, 2019, 06:53:28 am
I'd rather inherit a going bank! But then by the time it came down to me it would be gone. And ¡f it wasn't I'd finish the job myself. 

I have a magical touch with money: I can make it disappear just like that!

;-(

Not a unique act...

Peter