Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Arlen on April 24, 2019, 04:49:34 pm

Title: Snowed In
Post by: Arlen on April 24, 2019, 04:49:34 pm
No one was getting out of this cabin any time soon, after back-to-back storms dropped three feet of snow in the foothills of the eastern Cascades a couple of months ago.


(https://pbase.com/art1/image/169103535/original.jpg)
Title: Re: Snowed In
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on April 24, 2019, 05:30:38 pm
And you just made it out to civilization today, to process and post this image?   :D

I like this image now, but I think I'll like it even more next July.
Title: Re: Snowed In
Post by: degrub on April 25, 2019, 09:48:54 am
Beautiful shot.
The roofs are playing havoc with my brain. It feels like i am falling in and down to the left.
Title: Re: Snowed In
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on April 25, 2019, 05:21:24 pm
This certainly is a well composed shot and well processed and full of beautiful light, but I feel as though I would like to see more of the cabin/house and not too much more at that, just a little. But as it is, the building feels a little obscured somehow and obviously without you deciding to do a little tidying up down there with a chainsaw, then it isn't going to happen (only joking), so you were stuck with what you were able to shoot at the time, but I must say that you did what you could very well.  :)

Dave
Title: Re: Snowed In
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on April 26, 2019, 05:22:17 am
Love it.
Title: Re: Snowed In
Post by: mbaginy on April 26, 2019, 07:01:05 am
A beautiful photo!
Title: Re: Snowed In
Post by: Arlen on April 26, 2019, 09:49:53 am
Thanks for your feedback, gentlemen. My wife really liked this one and wanted me to print it, but I wasn't as sure. She suggested posting it on LuLa to see what you folks thought of it.
Title: Re: Snowed In
Post by: stamper on April 26, 2019, 12:01:14 pm
Remarkable!