Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: josh.reichmann on April 23, 2019, 07:28:15 am

Title: Photography in film ...
Post by: josh.reichmann on April 23, 2019, 07:28:15 am
It’s not really in my interest to send folks away from the site, but I thought this too good to pass up sharing. 
(Link is to a list of films where photography is a central theme)
http://resourcemagonline.com/2018/08/40-movies-about-photography/39702/?fbclid=IwAR0zzuG1F_72JjUAemtNdicmj7UWe3aPFl5Q-A8g1YtHsDuKkLrJEPbOnrM
Title: Re: Photography in film ...
Post by: Robert Roaldi on April 23, 2019, 08:43:52 am
Thanks very much, handy to have the reference. It may not be easy finding them all but having the titles helps.

One of the characters in the Mike Leigh film Secrets and Lies (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0117589/ (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0117589/)) runs a neighbourhood photo studio, the kind that mostly don't exist anymore, and there are really good scenes of him at work.
Title: Re: Photography in film ...
Post by: josh.reichmann on April 23, 2019, 08:59:15 am
Thanks very much, handy to have the reference. It may not be easy finding them all but having the titles helps.

One of the characters in the Mike Leigh film Secrets and Lies (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0117589/ (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0117589/)) runs a neighbourhood photo studio, the kind that mostly don't exist anymore, and there are really good scenes of him at work.

Love stories like this.
Incidentally the Mike Leigh film “Naked” changed my life... and scarred me.
Title: Re: Photography in film ...
Post by: Robert Roaldi on April 23, 2019, 12:39:58 pm
Love stories like this.
Incidentally the Mike Leigh film “Naked” changed my life... and scarred me.

A Mike Leigh film that I didn't see, I must have been asleep.

Faye Dunaway played a photographer in Three Days of the Condor, but it was a minor side plot. She also played a photographer in Eyes of Laura Mars.

John Cardinal's wife was a photographer in the Cardinal books and TV series (author Giles Blunt).
Title: Re: Photography in film ...
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on April 23, 2019, 12:46:12 pm
It’s not really in my interest to send folks away from the site...

And no need for that:

https://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?topic=46066.msg385823#msg385823
Title: Re: Photography in film ...
Post by: Robert Roaldi on April 23, 2019, 12:50:31 pm
And no need for that:

https://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?topic=46066.msg385823#msg385823

Oh yeah, thanks, now I remember that thread.
Title: Re: Photography in film ...
Post by: josh.reichmann on April 23, 2019, 12:53:39 pm
Oh yeah, thanks, now I remember that thread.

Oh nice.
More comprehensive.
Title: Re: Photography in film ...
Post by: Rob C on April 24, 2019, 12:43:21 pm
A Mike Leigh film that I didn't see, I must have been asleep.

Faye Dunaway played a photographer in Three Days of the Condor, but it was a minor side plot. She also played a photographer in Eyes of Laura Mars.

John Cardinal's wife was a photographer in the Cardinal books and TV series (author Giles Blunt).

I think Helmut Newton shot the pics.