Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: drralph on April 19, 2019, 11:25:52 pm

Title: PosterHanger System for Panos
Post by: drralph on April 19, 2019, 11:25:52 pm
I am preparing a show which will feature a number of large pano prints to be hung in a public space.  Displaying long panos is a difficult problem.  I narrowed my options to two:  magnets or PosterHanger.  I ordered one sample of the 72" PosterHanger, and decided I need look no further.  This is a great product.  Very easy to assemble.  The look is great.  Affordable.  Once the show is done, storage is no problem.  Highly recommended.

They offer black, gray, and silver.  My wife would much prefer white for display in our home.  PosterHanger says they are in development on a white version, but that the silver may be painted.  I may give it a go.
Title: Re: PosterHanger System for Panos
Post by: rdonson on April 20, 2019, 11:58:26 am
I've been using PosterHangers of many sizes for a number of years and they've worked very well.  I use the black. 

Currently my panos are 13x38 and there's a size that works well for them. 
Title: Re: PosterHanger System for Panos
Post by: msongs on May 04, 2019, 09:19:38 pm
so what is a poster hanger and where does one get them?
Title: Re: PosterHanger System for Panos
Post by: rdonson on May 04, 2019, 10:04:50 pm
Not hard to find....

https://posterhanger.com/
Title: Re: PosterHanger System for Panos
Post by: drralph on May 22, 2019, 06:32:56 pm
I'm about to hang a show that has 4 panos that are 72" long, and I am using the largest size Posterhanger.  The man I communicated with from the company had a good tip about using a paper shim in the clip to get a tighter fit.  I plan to do that, as the weight of prints that size is considerable, and they are going to be hung in a public space where someone may touch them.  We'll see how it goes.

Title: Re: PosterHanger System for Panos
Post by: rdonson on May 22, 2019, 06:34:18 pm
that's a good tip!!!

Thanks!
Title: Re: PosterHanger System for Panos
Post by: FoxLab on June 03, 2019, 07:04:42 am
I'm about to hang a show that has 4 panos that are 72" long, and I am using the largest size Posterhanger.  The man I communicated with from the company had a good tip about using a paper shim in the clip to get a tighter fit.  I plan to do that, as the weight of prints that size is considerable, and they are going to be hung in a public space where someone may touch them.  We'll see how it goes.


I would love to hear how this goes, i have a client who is wanting to hang 16 images at around 40x60inch where people will also be walking around the prints. My concern is definitely the weight of the prints and the risk of them dropping. Have you tested them at this size?
Tyson
Title: Re: PosterHanger System for Panos
Post by: drralph on June 03, 2019, 10:42:31 pm
Just hung my show today.  I have a number of panos which are 6 feet long, but printed on 17" paper.  So the weight should not be an issue.  I have decided that if people touch the prints, or pull them off the wall, so be it.  I can make more.  They look terrific without any glass or plex to dull the colors or cause glare. 

The show will hang for nearly 3 months in a heavily trafficked area, so it will be a good proof of concept!
Title: Re: PosterHanger System for Panos
Post by: rdonson on June 04, 2019, 11:56:31 am
Looks great, Ralph!!!
Title: Re: PosterHanger System for Panos
Post by: mcbroomf on June 04, 2019, 04:02:35 pm
Looks great, Ralph!!!

+1 ...
Title: Re: PosterHanger System for Panos
Post by: drralph on June 04, 2019, 04:28:34 pm
Thanks Mike and Ron!  I'm very pleased with the way the presentation has worked out.  Even though the show has not officially opened yet, it is attracting a lot of attention and interest.  (Just don't ask me why the thumbnail above appears upside down, but correct when clicked on!)