Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: acca83 on April 16, 2019, 05:59:17 am

Title: Facemounting Acrylic Block
Post by: acca83 on April 16, 2019, 05:59:17 am
Hi. If anybody can give me some advice on this I'd be very grateful.

I want to facemount acrylic blocks (20mm thick) - and the Drytac Jetmounter 26 seems a good laminator for me. The specifications state the nip opening is 1" (25mm) and that you can laminate materials with a thickness of up to .75" (19mm).

Would this laminator be appropriate for laminating 20mm thick acrylic, or would it be too small? I've looked online and have read conflicting information, so any advice would be great.

I did think about using 15mm thick acrylic and then using a 5mm sintra/PVC or a clear acrylic backing, but wasn't sure this would look good.

Thanks.
Title: Re: Facemounting Acrylic Block
Post by: dgberg on April 17, 2019, 06:19:21 am
That is probably a question that Drytac can answer. 20mm is just slightly more then 3/4" but it still might work. It is very possible with a 1" nip opening that Drytac does not want anyone buying this thinking they can run 1" material through it so they put the next smallest US made substrate size 3/4" in the specifications.