Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Andres Bonilla on April 15, 2019, 03:04:43 pm

Title: The colors of a town
Post by: Andres Bonilla on April 15, 2019, 03:04:43 pm
Burano, Italy
Title: Re: The colors of a town
Post by: mbaginy on April 15, 2019, 03:19:42 pm
Nice images, Andres.  I definitely must visit Burano and Murano during my next visit to Venezia.
Title: Re: The colors of a town
Post by: RSL on April 15, 2019, 03:28:21 pm
Fine stuff, Andres.
Title: Re: The colors of a town
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on April 16, 2019, 04:36:24 pm
Fine stuff, Andres.
+1.
Title: Re: The colors of a town
Post by: MattBurt on April 16, 2019, 05:55:09 pm
I like the first the most but they are all very nice. Looks like a great place too.
Title: Re: The colors of a town
Post by: John R on April 16, 2019, 09:47:11 pm
I like No 3 best. Was wondering though, why you chose shallow dept of field on last image. To me it would render better with maximum depth of field. But they are nice images overall.

JR
Title: Re: The colors of a town
Post by: francois on April 17, 2019, 04:36:46 am
Super set! Burano is a wonderful place, with less crowd than Venice.
Title: Re: The colors of a town
Post by: Andres Bonilla on April 17, 2019, 01:45:27 pm
Nice images, Andres.  I definitely must visit Burano and Murano during my next visit to Venezia.

Thanks, yes I would have liked to have stayed one night there and explore the different lights during the day. Burano has tons of photo opportunities, but you may have to walk away from the beaten path.
Title: Re: The colors of a town
Post by: Andres Bonilla on April 17, 2019, 01:45:57 pm
Fine stuff, Andres.

Thank you sir!
Title: Re: The colors of a town
Post by: Andres Bonilla on April 17, 2019, 01:46:36 pm
+1.

Thanks!
Title: Re: The colors of a town
Post by: Andres Bonilla on April 17, 2019, 01:47:30 pm
I like the first the most but they are all very nice. Looks like a great place too.

Thank you! You can find so many good place to photograph.
Title: Re: The colors of a town
Post by: Andres Bonilla on April 17, 2019, 01:49:00 pm
I like No 3 best. Was wondering though, why you chose shallow dept of field on last image. To me it would render better with maximum depth of field. But they are nice images overall.

JR

Thanks! I have been told to mix some of my photographs with different focal lengths, I thought the detail on this one would be nice.
Title: Re: The colors of a town
Post by: Andres Bonilla on April 17, 2019, 01:50:05 pm
Super set! Burano is a wonderful place, with less crowd than Venice.

Yes, it is my mom;s favorite place, after all these years I finally made it.
Title: Re: The colors of a town
Post by: mbaginy on April 17, 2019, 05:05:49 pm
Thanks, yes I would have liked to have stayed one night there and explore the different lights during the day. Burano has tons of photo opportunities, but you may have to walk away from the beaten path.
I prefer Venezia in late autumn or winter and I enjoy getting lost in the maze of canals and side streets.  I love vaporetto rides at night.  What a wonderful city!
Title: Re: The colors of a town
Post by: Rob C on April 17, 2019, 05:23:48 pm
I prefer Venezia in late autumn or winter and I enjoy getting lost in the maze of canals and side streets.  I love vaporetto rides at night.  What a wonderful city!


I always think of those Fulvio Roiter Leica pix of carnival and sleet, my feet freezing at the very thought, but my lust also rising a tad as I think of the symbolism and how wonderful it must be to be young, single and thoroughly enchufado! Married, not so clever if there's any truth in what's good for the gander also being good for the goose!
Title: Re: The colors of a town
Post by: Andres Bonilla on April 18, 2019, 02:08:43 pm
I prefer Venezia in late autumn or winter and I enjoy getting lost in the maze of canals and side streets.  I love vaporetto rides at night.  What a wonderful city!

How is the weather in winter, moody, rainy, cool, atmospheric? Is probably very unique.
Title: Re: The colors of a town
Post by: mbaginy on April 18, 2019, 04:16:29 pm
How is the weather in winter, moody, rainy, cool, atmospheric? Is probably very unique.
That would be my dream come true.

I'll have to try January of February some time.  My last visit was early December and the sun was too bright for my liking.
Title: Re: The colors of a town
Post by: mbaginy on April 18, 2019, 04:28:11 pm
I always think of those Fulvio Roiter Leica pix of carnival and sleet, my feet freezing at the very thought, but my lust also rising a tad as I think of the symbolism and how wonderful it must be to be young, single and thoroughly enchufado! Married, not so clever if there's any truth in what's good for the gander also being good for the goose!
Fulvio's photos were from a bygone era.  None of the people in his photos held a cell phone and they wore leather shoes!
Title: Re: The colors of a town
Post by: brandtb on April 21, 2019, 11:14:20 am
Nice group