Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: MattNQ on April 12, 2019, 01:04:11 pm

Title: A tree and a road
Post by: MattNQ on April 12, 2019, 01:04:11 pm
Will have to think of a better title for this one :)

(https://photos.smugmug.com/MonochromeMagic/Infrared/i-tnpTQqv/2/9381a830/L/P1015797_edit1a2c-L.jpg)
Title: Re: A tree and a road
Post by: RSL on April 12, 2019, 01:40:55 pm
Good one, Matt.
Title: Re: A tree and a road
Post by: MattNQ on April 12, 2019, 10:11:57 pm
Good one, Matt.

Thanks Russ
Title: Re: A tree and a road
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on April 13, 2019, 09:25:54 am
Yes. I like it.

Additional title candidates?:
   A road and a tree
   A tree and a road and clouds
   Untitled #20376?    ;)
Title: Re: A tree and a road
Post by: RSL on April 13, 2019, 09:47:13 am
Or "The Forever Road."
Title: Re: A tree and a road
Post by: 32BT on April 13, 2019, 10:05:10 am
"sidelining"

I'd be inclined to remove the vignetting, the image is about graphics more than it is about depth or focus on subject. It would be wonderful if there was a bit more separation between trees and clouds. If you manage to get more attention on the distant treeline it would contribute to the overall theme imo, hence sidelining...

Imo, ymmv, etc...
Title: Re: A tree and a road
Post by: MattNQ on April 21, 2019, 06:50:49 pm
"sidelining"

I'd be inclined to remove the vignetting, the image is about graphics more than it is about depth or focus on subject. It would be wonderful if there was a bit more separation between trees and clouds. If you manage to get more attention on the distant treeline it would contribute to the overall theme imo, hence sidelining...

Imo, ymmv, etc...

Thank you for the CC. I've had a play along the lines of your suggestions. Bit of dodge & burn to bring the trees out from the background. Removed vignette.
(https://photos.smugmug.com/MonochromeMagic/Infrared/i-cgdLrZx/0/6eb10f5c/L/P1015797_edit1a2d-L.jpg)
Title: Re: A tree and a road
Post by: John R on April 21, 2019, 09:45:08 pm
I like this second image much better. It has sweep and an invitation to tour the highway as far as the clouds and road will allow.

JR
Title: Re: A tree and a road
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on April 21, 2019, 09:54:55 pm
I like this second image much better. It has sweep and an invitation to tour the highway as far as the clouds and road will allow.

JR
I agree.
Title: Re: A tree and a road
Post by: MattNQ on April 27, 2019, 04:22:36 am
I like this second image much better. It has sweep and an invitation to tour the highway as far as the clouds and road will allow.

JR

Thanks John. Yes, I think this makes the road look more endless.
Title: Re: A tree and a road
Post by: stevenfr on April 27, 2019, 10:51:28 am
Well done
Title: Re: A tree and a road
Post by: langier on April 28, 2019, 09:32:51 am
Well done, Matt!
Title: Re: A tree and a road
Post by: KMRennie on May 01, 2019, 01:07:54 pm
Far prefer the second
"On the verge"
"Get your kicks on...."
"Vanishing Point"
Title: Re: A tree and a road
Post by: francois on May 02, 2019, 03:42:05 am
The second version gets my vote...
Title: Re: A tree and a road
Post by: D Fuller on May 02, 2019, 12:32:28 pm
Thank you for the CC. I've had a play along the lines of your suggestions. Bit of dodge & burn to bring the trees out from the background. Removed vignette.
(https://photos.smugmug.com/MonochromeMagic/Infrared/i-cgdLrZx/0/6eb10f5c/L/P1015797_edit1a2d-L.jpg)

Very nice. I wouldn’t mind seeing this one printed quite large.