Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Roscolo on April 11, 2019, 08:52:32 pm
-
Just set up a new pro-4000. So far color me unimpressed with the photoshop print plugin and the studio "pro" print plugin. The print plugin for my ipf8400 seems far more straightforward and easy to use, but maybe I'm just used to it.
Question: I lay out my prints exactly how I like in photoshop. So far, every print I make, with the Canon photoshop print plugin and the Photoshop studio pro print plugin, the printer starts printing. Then AFTER it has started printing, it cuts 1" off the leading edge of the roll of paper. The print ends up correct with my desired measurements / layout, but it cuts 1" off the leading edge of the roll EVERY time I send a print to it! I thought it must be a setting on the printer, but I set "Trim Edge First" to OFF and it still cuts 1" off the leading edge. I'll be trying some other options, but if anyone knows how to stop the printer from trimming the 1" of paper off the leading edge, please let me know.
Thanks
-
Well, I figured out how to stop it from cutting a full inch of paper from every print I send. But the solution may be worse. I'm printing layouts of of four 9x12's onto a 36" roll of paper. When it cut and wasted the 1" strips, the prints were a perfect 36x12 inches ready to be trimmed down to 9x12. Now that the problem of the strips is "solved" the resulting prints are 36x12.25. Guess wasting .25" of every print is better than 1", but the labor is more expensive than paper. Leaning towards letting it trim the 1" off for now til I figure this out.
Has to be a better way. The Canon ipf8400 print plugin absolutely nails all these layouts to within 2mm every time with no trimming or waste of paper at all. No weird settings. Just nails it every time. I remember when I set up my ipf8300 I was cranking out perfect prints within an hour of set up.
-
Try the "No Top/Bottom space (Save Paper)" option.
-
Try the "No Top/Bottom space (Save Paper)" option.
Thanks. I tried that. Then it eliminates the wide borders I have on the art and leaves like a 1/4" border. This machine is definitely not going to replace our ipf8400 anytime soon.
-
This isn’t something I’ve seen on my 4000. I’ve been using ImagePrint to print. There has got to be a way to turn it off. I’d recommend calling Canon telephone support. They’ve been super helpful in the past.
-
This isn’t something I’ve seen on my 4000. I’ve been using ImagePrint to print. There has got to be a way to turn it off. I’d recommend calling Canon telephone support. They’ve been super helpful in the past.
Thank you. I'm going to look at some other options as well.
-
Is it possible to share your layout details and driver/plugin settings?
-
Thanks. I tried that. Then it eliminates the wide borders I have on the art and leaves like a 1/4" border. This machine is definitely not going to replace our ipf8400 anytime soon.
For the "No Top/Bottom space (Save Paper)" option to work you'll need to run a black line along where you want the border to lie on the final edge as it comes out of the printer. Maybe the leading edge as well. It has to be thick enough for software to recognise, maybe 10 to 15 px. Otherwise, as you found out, it leaves 1/4 inch from the nearest image data. Easy to do in Photoshop, or you could set up an action.
I've never used the print plug-in. It always seemed unintuitive compared to printing out of Lightroom, and certainly didn't give better results.
David