Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Paulo Bizarro on April 10, 2019, 04:54:19 am

Title: Spring
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on April 10, 2019, 04:54:19 am
Near Milfontes, SW Portugal coast. At dawn.

Regards.
Title: Re: Spring
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on April 10, 2019, 09:16:25 am
Beautiful first image.

I suspect the red channel is blown out in the second (possibly after converting to sRGB space).
Title: Re: Spring
Post by: David Eckels on April 10, 2019, 09:43:55 am
Lovely first image. Not crunchy enough for my taste though  ;) ;) ;)
Title: Re: Spring
Post by: RSL on April 10, 2019, 10:55:41 am
https://www.poets.org/poetsorg/poem/spring-perhaps-hand
Title: Re: Spring
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on April 10, 2019, 11:21:11 am
Beautiful first image.

I suspect the red channel is blown out in the second (possibly after converting to sRGB space).

Thanks Rajan. Wrt #2 I will review, but I don't recall seeing any blown out areas. The poppies were really very red.
Title: Re: Spring
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on April 10, 2019, 11:21:41 am
Thanks Russ and David.

Lovely poem too.
Title: Re: Spring
Post by: RSL on April 10, 2019, 03:19:48 pm
That one I posted a link to is good, but here's my favorite: https://marecromwell.wordpress.com/2010/02/24/spring-poem-e-e-cummings/
Title: Re: Spring
Post by: sdwilsonsct on April 11, 2019, 10:45:40 am
Thanks Rajan. Wrt #2 I will review, but I don't recall seeing any blown out areas. The poppies were really very red.

Nice mood, Paulo. I find that sometimes decreasing red saturation or luminescence brings out detail in wildly red plants.
Title: Re: Spring
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on April 12, 2019, 05:08:46 am
Nice mood, Paulo. I find that sometimes decreasing red saturation or luminescence brings out detail in wildly red plants.

Thanks Scott. Indeed yesterday I finished processing some more photos from this session, and had to do just like you suggest.
Title: Re: Spring
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on April 13, 2019, 09:41:38 am
I love that first one. Just the right amount of light on the plants in the field.
Title: Re: Spring
Post by: Rayyan on April 14, 2019, 02:28:33 pm
Beautiful indeed.