Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: gchappel on April 07, 2019, 07:14:25 pm

Title: acrylic face mount prints- lab recommendation?
Post by: gchappel on April 07, 2019, 07:14:25 pm
I have several images for an upcoming gallery exhibit that I think would look better as an acrylic face mount print, than my normal framed and matted image on epson baryta.  Four to six prints, all square, 20x20 and 30x30" in size. 
I have not used an outside lab for years, I presently print all my own work, mostly on an ipf8400. 
I used to deal with whitewall, they were fine.  But have not used them in several years.  Looking for a lab to work with.
I am not sure if this is going to be a single order, or a longer relationship.  It depends on how these are received.
I looked into doing this myself- I have a fairly clean mount room and a cold roller laminator,  but it sounds like this is more complex a process than I want to dabble with. 
Any recommendations would be appreciated
Thanks
Gary
Title: Re: acrylic face mount prints- lab recommendation?
Post by: Stephen Ray on April 07, 2019, 07:57:33 pm
Looking for a lab to work with. Any recommendations would be appreciated
Thanks
Gary

http://www.nevadaartprinters.com (http://www.nevadaartprinters.com)

https://www.weldoncolorlab.com (https://www.weldoncolorlab.com)

West Coast Imaging should be a good place but seems to have an identity crises as of late. (https://www.westcoastimaging.com)
Title: Re: acrylic face mount prints- lab recommendation?
Post by: gchappel on April 08, 2019, 06:24:18 am
Thanks
I will start giving them a call.
Appreciate the guidance. 
Gary
Title: Re: acrylic face mount prints- lab recommendation?
Post by: Dward on April 08, 2019, 02:13:33 pm
Colourworks.com in Wilmington DE.   These guys are excellent.   The owners are fine art photographers themselves so they understand the needs of artists.   I've used them for many years for things I can't print myself---they are consistently excellent, including face mounting

David V. Ward, Ph. D.
David V. Ward Fine Art Photography