Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: stevenfr on April 04, 2019, 02:26:55 pm
-
This image was shot using a Horseman camera with Velvia 50 film.
-
Very nice image
-
Very appealing image. Shot recently?
-
Thanks Les and Brandtb.
Les this was shot in 2008 - the aspen trees have been under a lot of pressure with the drought, conditions combined with warmer temperatures. Most of the larger trees are older and have suffered in the last decade. This stand is just about dead now, I visited it again last year, and the trees are black, ugly, and falling over.
I only have one or two left in the edition for this image. So just about sold out. Pretty pleased how well this one has sold.
-
The trees are not so timeless as one would think. Sometimes they die and sometimes they grow much larger, out of proportion.
Luckily you captured them at their peak. I'm not surprised that you sold them all, a very fine image, indeed.
-
A very nice image, Steven!
-
Lovely image Steven. One of these days I will get to see a grove of Aspens but until then this will do. Ken
-
Thank you Les, Ken and Mike. I have shot aspens for 14 autumn seasons. It has been amazing to see the changes in these forests. My feeling is most of these forests are on the decline. I would encourage one to get out and see these forests. I have photographed aspens from the Yukon to New Mexico.
-
I like most of your pictures very much.
I've even considered exchanging my Ferrari for a camera like yours ;D
(Just joking, I really like your pics a lot and talent cannot be bought)
-
Rabinto thank you. I am pleased my work resonates with you. Which Ferrari do you have?
-
Which Ferrari do you have?
The Grana Padano 800 HP
https://www.ferrariformaggi.it/lo-sapevi-che/ferrari-conquista-l-estero.html
I was joking ;D
-
Lovely image Steven. One of these days I will get to see a grove of Aspens but until then this will do. Ken
I've looked at and shot a lot of aspen stands, and published a few scientific papers on them, but never gotten close to this detail and dimensionality.
-
Thank you Scott, the light and focus was prefect to get the three d look on this stand.
Have a look if you want at my site I have two portfolios Non panoramic aspens and non panoramic aspens
Panoramic aspens (https://www.friedmanphoto.com/p65614000)
Non panoramic aspens (https://www.friedmanphoto.com/p352591056)
-
Wow! Both sets are fantastic, Steven.
But if I had a million dollars to spare, I'd buy the panoramic set first.
-
Thank you Eric. I tend to see Panoramas first and tend to concentrate on that format.
-
Have a look if you want at my site I have two portfolios Non panoramic aspens and non panoramic aspens
Great. In spite of some similarities they are never boring
-
Well done.
-
Thanks Paulo and Rabinto.
Rabinto I have cut over half the images from these two portfolios to get at what I have online. Its not easy to decide which ones to eliminate.
-
love the composition and color scheme
mark