Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Jeremy Roussak on April 02, 2019, 03:15:33 am

Title: fix that fence!
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on April 02, 2019, 03:15:33 am
?

Jeremy
Title: Re: fix that fence!
Post by: RSL on April 02, 2019, 06:57:07 am
 ;D
Title: Re: fix that fence!
Post by: mbaginy on April 02, 2019, 07:08:39 am
A good one!
Title: Re: fix that fence!
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on April 02, 2019, 10:00:09 am
It's a great ad for whatever the fence-installers were drinking.   ;D
Title: Re: fix that fence!
Post by: mbaginy on April 02, 2019, 10:48:58 am
It's a great ad for whatever the fence-installers were drinking.   ;D
;D
Title: Re: fix that fence!
Post by: John R on April 02, 2019, 11:07:58 am
I don't think that's a regular fence, but rather some kind of retainer fences. As a subject, it is very unusual and unique against the snow. I think if you cropped out the bottom left fence to just below the bottom right fence, it would be a more balanced and effective composition, IMHO.

JR
Title: Re: fix that fence!
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on April 02, 2019, 11:22:06 am
I can see plenty of opportunities for tighter framing at the time of shooting, leading to abstracts. Since you are having 50 Mpx, you can still play with different crops of this one.
Title: Re: fix that fence!
Post by: OmerV on April 02, 2019, 12:51:58 pm
Retaining fencing. That makes sense, though as an art installation it’s not bad either. Makes a good photograph too.
Title: Re: fix that fence!
Post by: degrub on April 02, 2019, 11:12:21 pm
Avalanche gully. Was this just above a roadway ?
Title: Re: fix that fence!
Post by: MattBurt on April 03, 2019, 12:07:40 am
I like the strong graphic shapes of the fence. This is avalanche mitigation fencing, by the way. I bet there is a road being protected below.

I agree a little tighter crop is worth investigating. Nice image.
Title: Re: fix that fence!
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on April 03, 2019, 08:58:55 am
Thanks, all. It is indeed avalanche fencing and yes, there is a road below. I was standing on it.

Jeremy