Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: stevenfr on March 27, 2019, 02:12:20 pm
-
This image was taken with a Horseman panoramic film camera. Velvia 50 of course.
This is early dawn light in the autumn time. There is a mix of aspen, maples, and oak trees in this scene.
-
This image was taken with a Horseman panoramic film camera. Velvia 50 of course.
This is early dawn light in the autumn time. There is a mix of aspen, maples, and oak trees in this scene.
What a beautiful scene and photo. Love it!
I have some Velvia 50 in my 645 left over from fall and I'm feeling like I really need to go shoot it! Sadly the landscape is still mostly white here except maybe sunset or sunrise if I'm lucky.
-
Thanks Matt. I have about a 100 rolls of Velvia 50 in my freezer and the Horseman 617 and three Schneider lenses. i should sell them. I don't use the camera anymore now that I have switched to Phase One and stitch my images. The quality of the files I get are astounding from the Phase.
-
I bet. Even my 645D runs circles around what I can achieve with film and I can't even do film panos. But it's still fun to shoot now and then. I like the the analog highlight treatment.
-
I Agree, I did enjoy the film workflow, focusing on ground glass, calculating exposure and dof. Its just hard to beat the image quality from digital and from the IQ4 150 Phase One back.
-
I still have some 120 Velvia 50 and one exposed role wrapped in foil. My wife just moves thing around my stash that I keep in the freezer. I also still have my Horseman VHR 6x9 view camera, but I haven't used it and keep thinking of selling it but....
This is where old film scans can really shine!
-
Really lovely image! Just awesome.
-
Thank you Guido and Hugh.
The pano Horseman could still work for images of moving waves instead of stitching. It was exciting to get the slides back after a shoot. It was like Christmas. I loved it, it was sort of a fear reward sort of deal. Fear I blew the exposure vs the exciting perfecting exposed velvia slide. It was fun, just hard to replace what the gear does today. There is still a lab in Vancouver doing developing.
-
Takes me back to the 1990's :)
-
Beautiful work Steven, thanks for sharing! :) Best regards,
Vieri
-
Thanks for the kind thoughts Vieri.