Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear => Topic started by: BJL on November 06, 2006, 11:30:40 am
-
Maybe I was slow to notice, but Mamiya's last manual focus 645 camera, the 645 Pro-TL, is now selling at vastly lower prices than I have seen before. For example, the kit with AE prism viewfinder etc. is now about $1700, after being a steady $3,000 for years and years (B&H prices). And the basic working kit with lens is $1200. This looks like a final clearance: yet another OOPSIS film camera? (Out Of Production, Still In Stock.)
As a nostalgic black and white dark room printer, this is somewhat tempting; also as a piece of history to show my grandchildren. (I was tempted by the Mamiya 645E too, but never bit.)
-
I assume this camera has zero digital possibilities, right? IIRC, Mamiya USA always jacked up prices in the country compared to other places, it was so weird that people would import these from England (England, for camera equipment!). I think Mamiya has been bought out, don't know what happened to Mamiya USA.
Maybe I was slow to notice, but Mamiya's last manual focus 645 camera, the 645 Pro-TL, is now selling at vastly lower prices than I have seen before. For example, the kit with AE prism viewfinder etc. is now about $1700, after being a steady $3,000 for years and years (B&H prices). And the basic working kit with lens is $1200. This looks like a final clearance: yet another OOPSIS film camera? (Out Of Production, Still In Stock.)
As a nostalgic black and white dark room printer, this is somewhat tempting; also as a piece of history to show my grandchildren. (I was tempted by the Mamiya 645E too, but never bit.)
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=83822\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
-
I assume this camera has zero digital possibilities, right?
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a] (http://index.php?act=findpost&pid=85049\")
Wrong, there are several including Imacon, Megavision, Jenoptic, Sinar and Leaf. Go to Mamiya's US distributor site -
[a href=\"http://www.mamiya.com/products.asp?id=1&id2=166]http://www.mamiya.com/products.asp?id=1&id2=166[/url]
and click on "Compatibility Chart" for a list by camera model.