Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: MattBurt on March 26, 2019, 01:45:53 pm

Title: After work springtime fun
Post by: MattBurt on March 26, 2019, 01:45:53 pm
It's been a great snowy winter this year and now the spring is shaping up to be a lot of fun too.
I slipped away from work half an hour early to have enough light to do an all human-powered excursion up the local mountain. It was pretty cloudless and the light quality has shifted from the deep dark winter to brighter hues and longer days.
To travel light I carried my crop camera and 18-135 zoom so I wouldn't have to change lenses.

A panorama from the top of the 933' climb from the creek which was still frozen enough to cross safely. It's going to be raging soon!
(https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7801/40503246173_e55df3c3fd_b.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/24H8HYz)

Shadow shapes.
(https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7826/40503246333_cbbb0f5e72_b.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/24H8J2k)

Transition back to bike.
(https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7830/40503246663_8691a43e97_b.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/24H8J82)
Title: Re: After work springtime fun
Post by: HSakols on March 27, 2019, 08:16:18 am
Did you ride your bike with your skis? 
Title: Re: After work springtime fun
Post by: MattBurt on March 27, 2019, 10:53:37 am
Did you ride your bike with your skis?

Yes, I did it all human powered from my house. The bike part is only a couple of miles each way but the ground is soft out to this place to it was a hard couple of miles.
I have a ski backpack that I can carry skis with. It also has a small tank of compressed air and an inflatable airbag (activated by ripcord) to give me buoyancy in an avalanche if needed. Pretty cool tech!  8)