Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Dublbutted on March 19, 2019, 04:41:11 pm

Title: UltraChrome HDR inks in the Epson P800 !!!
Post by: Dublbutted on March 19, 2019, 04:41:11 pm
Hello :)

I know this sounds crazy ,but has anyone used Epson UltraChrome HDR inks instead of the HD inks?
I bought some large format carts thinking they where Epson UltraChrome HD inks but found that they where HDR inks
Could the Epson P800 print head work with these inks ?
I have been getting them for £25 for 200ml if I did a custom paper ink profile could I use the black inks?
I am assuming that the cyan and magenta may be different to the HD inks as the HDR inks have a green and a orange ,but will the blacks and light blacks be the same as the HD inks .
I have been using Marrutt HD inks with refillable carts to great effect and was wondering if I could use the Epson HDR blacks
Anyone tried this?





Title: Re: UltraChrome HDR inks in the Epson P800 !!!
Post by: I.T. Supplies on March 21, 2019, 10:58:40 am
We wouldn't recommend using 3rd party inks in a manufacturer printer since they aren't authorized by the manufacturer, and "may" have damaging results to the printhead down the road.  If you're already using a 3rd party ink (Epson's is HD, not HDR for the P800), use all of the same brand ink as using a mixture could surely provide issues to the head at some point.  HDR may be what the 3rd party company named theirs to differentiate between them and the OEM.