Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Colorado_CJ on March 18, 2019, 01:39:57 pm

Title: The Horsehead and the Flame - In Hydrogen Alpha
Post by: Colorado_CJ on March 18, 2019, 01:39:57 pm
Hello everyone.

One more astrophoto to share.

I took a quick imaging session Saturday night.

Most of the winter targets are setting in the west early, so there is limited time for imaging them now before they hit the treeline.

This is just one hour (12, 5 minute exposures) using a narrow band Hydrogen Alpha filter.  This filter REALLY brings out the dust detail in the Horsehead.  I plan on imaging at least another hour tomorrow to build on this.

(https://www.focalworld.com/index.php?media/horsehead-ha-60-min.2897/full)
Title: Re: The Horsehead and the Flame - In Hydrogen Alpha
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on March 18, 2019, 03:53:18 pm
Very impressive!
I don't think I've seen better of the Horsehead from Palomar.
Title: Re: The Horsehead and the Flame - In Hydrogen Alpha
Post by: Kevin Gallagher on March 18, 2019, 04:08:11 pm
 Wow!!! I can only repeat what Eric already said!! Well done indeed sir. What equipment was used?
Title: Re: The Horsehead and the Flame - In Hydrogen Alpha
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on March 19, 2019, 05:53:43 am
Fantastic.
Title: Re: The Horsehead and the Flame - In Hydrogen Alpha
Post by: sdwilsonsct on March 21, 2019, 10:23:08 pm
Fantastic.
i

Lovely textures.
Title: Re: The Horsehead and the Flame - In Hydrogen Alpha
Post by: Bob_B on March 22, 2019, 07:51:22 am
Sensational. Thank you for sharing your remarkable astrophotos.